View Single Post
Old 04-27-2007, 11:13 AM   #21
Jediphile
Persona non grata

Quote:
Originally Posted by tk102
Now I have a theory for KotOR 3...

It is revealed that Jediphile is really Revan and is inciting a civil war amongst the True Sith -- Obsidian and LucasArts.

Hmm, actually you're not the first to compare me to Revan... Not sure about that

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarfieldJL
I just noticed another problem with this theory and it kinda debunks the theory entirely. Darth Nihilus was one of Kreia's students/partners in the triumverant until Sion and Nihilus decided to overthrow her.

Furthermore, Kreia states that, "He if he can truely be called a man any longer..." This implies she knows whom Nihilus was before he became Nihilus.

So I don't think Nihilus is part of the exile.

She says that, but bear in mind the situation. For one thing, I'm very uncertain of just how much Kreia knows about all this. I've always found it highly convenient how she ended up on the Ebon Hawk in the first place, JUST in time to help the exile escape death at Sion's hands. If that had happened, then she could never have gotten her revenge against Nihilus.

Anyway, Nihilus is a man, yes. I mean, he is physically a man. Nobody questions that. The problem is what else he is, because he is no common man or even a common jedi/sith. And there IS a connection between the exile and Nihilus, because of the comments the masters make about experiencing the same thing from them and believing the exile is responsible for Nihilus. Even if my theory is wrong, there is no escaping that connection.

Since you bring up this Kreia quote, which I agree is significant, let's explore all of it:

Kreia: "He... if he can truly be called a man any longer... is one of the dark lords that pursues you. I do not think he knows what you are, not yet. He spared the Miraluka, and that may have been the last shred of feeling that exists within him. Keep his slave close to you. I suspect there was a reason he spared her... and perhaps a reason that she survived when the rest of her people and the Jedi did not. Perhaps he is bound to her... as I am bound to you. If so, there may be a death served by hers. It is a technique that is almost as old as the Sith themselves... it is a means of severing connections between life, the Force, and feeding upon the death it causes.It cannot be taught... it can only be gained through instinct, through experiencing its effects, first-hand.{Quietly}Yes. And he fed upon its destruction - it will sustain him, for a time.Because it is not something that can ever truly be controlled... and it leaves nothing to conquer in its wake.And it rules him, not the other way around. It has its own will, its own instincts.{Chiding}Power? Do you think so?{Shakes head}You would be wrong. There is no strength in the hunger he possesses... and the will behind his power is a primal thing. And it devours him as he devours others - his mere presence kills all around him, slowly, feeding him. He is already dead, it is simply a question of how many he kills before he falls.Nothing is impossible with the Force. It is an energy that flows through all living things. And like energy, it may be harnessed, channeled, and consumed at times. It may even be a substance that can burn and ignite.Do not think of his power as one would a weapon, or one of your warships of the Republic. It is terrible, but it is still a subtle thing. The sect of assassins that chase you feed on the Force... what he does is simply the pinnacle of what they could achieve, in time. And that is why they - and their techniques - must be wiped out. No one again must experience and learn what her master did.As much as one may use the Force to bolster the wills and strengths of others, the reverse is possible, though not often used. Instead of sending one's will through connections in the Force, instead such connections are drawn upon, fed upon, and drained completely.Then you understand how terrible such a power is. And why it must be ended.It is an empty road to the dark side, and by traveling it, the price is death before one's time.He is a breach in the Force, capable of consuming the lives of those around him. Sometimes the touch is slow, as it is with his crew.It is not something he can direct or focus, much like hunger itself. He is more of a hole in the Force than a living thing. Force Sensitives and worlds rich in the Force draw him. The Miraluka world was one such place. That is why where the Jedi gather, Jedi will die. He will feel it, unless they mask their presence - but Katarr called out as a beacon to him, and he could not resist it.And he cares nothing for the Sith or its teachings... or the Jedi.And when the Jedi are dead, he will feed on the galaxy, the Republic, and eventually, consume the Sith as well. And when the Jedi are dead, her master will feed on the galaxy, the Republic, and eventually, consume the Sith as well. There is no future in the empty galaxy he sees."

Now, note the passages I've put in bold. They speak of Nihilus' powers. Don't they seem remarkably similar to the exile's, particularly when it comes to feeding on life through the force and even calling Nihilus a breach in the force?

But to me the most important point is the one I've underlined - take a look at it again, and then me, isn't what Kreia describe that EXACTLY what we later hear happened to the exile on Malachor V? It bears more than a mere striking resemblance, if you ask me.

Of course, you could now say that they both just experienced the same or at least very similar things. Well, no, I don't think so either. Why? Because the exile is consistently described as unique by both the masters and by Kreia - the exile alone resisted Revan's ultimatum to the jedi to either die or turn to the dark side and follow him. The exile is a wound in the force because he took neither option. If Nihilus simply died or fell to the dark side, then he would have taken one of Revan's choices and so not have the exile's powers. And yet he does that, even though he both "died" (according to the description of the Nihilus mask) and is clearly dark sided.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarfieldJL
My theory is he is one of the Jedi at Malachor V, when the Mass Shadow Generator activated, Nihilus was practically at ground zero and he survived by taking in the life energy of everyone else that died, at a terrible price becoming like a vampire, needing to literally feed off the life force of others to survive.
In essence I agree that this is what happened. However, it does not explain two things, which are fairly important:

1. Having taken Revan's option to die, how does he end up with powers similar to the exile's, which are based on the refusal of taking either.

2. Where does Nihilus' connection with the exile then come from?

"It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built" - Kreia

Visit my KotOR blog at Deadly Forums.
Jediphile is offline   you may: quote & reply,