View Single Post
Old 04-30-2007, 11:03 AM   #42
stoffe
Mostly dormant

Helpful! 10 year veteran! Notable contributor 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjpb3
Not that it doesn't work properly or anything--and I can use it just as it is--but, I was curious as to why I get so much dithering when converting the TXBs to TGAs.
Hmm, I haven't noticed anything like that (but then I haven't tested it very much either ). Which image in particular would this be noticeable for?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjpb3
Also, is there any way for the converter to increase the output file size from 256x256 to the more commonly used 512x512?
The TXB files contain compressed bitmaps which come in one resolution. The converter does not do any scaling, it just grabs the bitmap, decompresses it and saves it in TGA format instead. The resolution you get in the TGA is the one the TXB was saved in. Only vector graphics can be rescaled freely without image quality loss, bitmaps are fixed in size. You'd probably get better image quality if you use an image manipulation application like Photoshop, Paintshop Pro or GIMP than if I'd try to make the converter scale them up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wurzelpfrumpf
Help! Can anybody tell me where to find the heads of the pc's? I want to change Lings head and found only the bodies. Maybe I'm blind or was looking in the wrong directory (override).
You can find them inside players.mod (in the data folder) if I remember correctly. You should be able to use the ERF/RIM Editor linked to in the first post in this thread to extract them from the MOD file.
stoffe is offline   you may: quote & reply,