View Single Post
Old 05-28-2007, 05:10 PM   #11
Grace
Forumite

"That was very Dark Side of you, Korwin," Tegan said softly as the young man came to. "You attacked me."

"I just don't like you coming in and taking charge," Korwin complained. "I had everything under control!"

"You were about to send a capital ship into the middle of a firefight," Tegan pointed out. "So it's my educated guess that you have not even taken any tactical education courses."

"And you have, which makes you the better commander?" Korwin snapped. "I know how ships work..."

"And I know how armadas work," Tegan cut him off. "Korwin, you're arrogant, self centered, you think you know everything there is to know in the galaxy and let me tell you, you don't. You're young, undereducated, and what's worse, you have the male instinct to show off. If you can agree to do as I say, I'll let you out of that cell. If not, you're a prisoner and I'm your guard. For the rest of the fight. Then, I'm shipping you back to the Jedi."

Korwin fell silent, glaring sullenly at his captor. "Maybe you're right, mom," he sneered.

Tegan smiled cheerily. "Oh, thanks for that!" she said. "I'm happy to take the position... 'cus it's a mother you need." She stared at him thoughtfully. "You know, I used to be just like you. Then, Cora Juana became my master... and my mother. If that's what you need, Korwin, then that's what I'll provide."

"I don't need a mother," Korwin growled. "I don't need anyone."

"You're still a padawan," Tegan pointed out. "You need someone to complete your training. Now stand up."

The boy refused and Tegan lifted him to his feet with the Force. As soon as she released him, he fell, limp to the floor once more. Tegan patiently hauled him to his feet again, and again, he did not attempt to keep himself standing.

"You know, that's giving you far more pain than it's giving me," Tegan remarked, once more lifting him to his feet. This time, he held his feet beneath him.

"What do you want me to do?" he asked, disgust dripping from his voice.

"I want you to go to your quarters and meditate on your feelings," Tegan answered. "Feelings are powerful and if used properly, they are tools of great good. But you are not using them properly. You are channeling your rage and pain of being left alone at the nearest, most convenient outlet, which in this case happens to be me. I understand, I've been there. But you can overcome it. I am living proof. Now go to your room."

"Yes, mother," the boy grumbled, shuffling away to his room as ordered. He knew she'd be able to tell if he disobeyed. And he'd heard of Tegan Marr; he didn't exactly want to open the floodgates he was sure hid beneath her calm surface. And he certainly didn't want to go against her lightsaber skills... up on the bridge had been a momentary lapse in judgement and he hoped it wouldn't happen again.

My story in progress: United We Stand - Divided We Fall

Please read and review
Grace is offline   you may: quote & reply,