View Single Post
Old 06-07-2007, 06:04 PM   #35
stoffe
Network Caretaker

Helpful! 10 year veteran! Notable contributor 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balderdash
I've got it on the 360 so the graphics are quite a bit better than Stoffe's screenies (better still if we had a giant TV), but I can't use any PC mods obviously.
My computer can't handle running the game with all the graphics settings at max without things getting choppy in certain places in the game. Doesn't bother me that much though, even if eye candy does play a significant part in playing Oblivion/SI.

As for mods I guess it's a matter of taste. I consider both Morrowind and Oblivion pretty much unplayable without some essential mods installed that replaces ugly textures and models, fixes the character appearances, fixes various annoyances, corrects bugs and expands on things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balderdash
The other gates that open everywhere you don't have to bother with at all. Even if you close them they'll eventually open up again anyway.
Hmm, are you sure they re-open? In my current game I've closed 56 Gates and I've run out of gates to close. I've looked all over the place and the only active Oblivion Gate I can find is the one that leads to the Shivering Isles.

Perhaps they will re-open and more appear if I progress further in the main quest?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukeiamyourdad
I agree that Oblivion really doesn't look that great. The art design is good, but the facial textures...ugh...Animations are also lacking (I'd love to actually go down some stairs without jumping down from the top) and effects are also quite ugly.
I agree about that. The environments in Oblivion are quite stunning, but character models, spells and visual effects leave a lot to be desired. The same was pretty much true for Morrowind so I guess that's a "feature" of the Elder Scrolls series.
stoffe is offline   you may: quote & reply,