View Single Post
Old 06-10-2007, 03:12 AM   #46
Grace
Forumite

"I've been following Aislin's life almost from day one, Tepe," Reibe informed him. "Over the years, she's shown such skill and intelligence. Your grandson left the Cerulean Eye to rust to pieces. Aislin practically rebuilt the entire thing and figured out how to switch on the AI... and all this at just sixteen and seventeen years old."

She grinned at Aislin and continued, "And yes, Tepe, I went to the Jensaarai merely because Aislin had gone to them for training." She snorted. "It took me a year to persuade their leader to duel me for the privilege of training her." She shot Tepe a sharp look. "And before you ask, yes I could have just dominated the minds to make them agree with me, but..." She grinned at Aislin, "... I do so love a challenge."

"And then you ran off on me!" she accused, whirling to point a finger at Aislin. "Thought you had all the skills you needed, did you?" She shrugged and grinned. "But no matter. All together now. One big happy family." Her grin widened and she nodded.

"Now, if the two of you will excuse me, I've got to go in and say hello to my family," she said, skipping away through the forest toward the house. Aislin watched her go with a mixture of amusement and confusion.

"Ever get the feeling that you've just had a conversation with the most unpredictable being in the galaxy?" she wondered aloud. "Just the feel when she's around... it's like you never know if she's gonna hug you or stab you through the heart..."

My story in progress: United We Stand - Divided We Fall

Please read and review
Grace is offline   you may: quote & reply,