View Single Post
Old 06-10-2007, 09:28 AM   #35
Windu Chi
Banned

Cool Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider AL
windu6:

You're back! I can say without fear of contradiction from any quarter: The place most definitely wasn't the same without you.
Yeah whatever!
I can assure you no one here miss me.
I'm the weird one!
Also I'm hated by others.
Quote:
As for your contentions that morality cannot be objective because people have personal bias
I didn't say only personal bias also I said emotions.

Quote:
it's nonsense
There is no definite nonsense there is only uncertainty.
Meaning is relative!
Nonsense is relative!
Some knowledge seems nonsensical only because of ignorance of the infinite existence;the infinite meaning of existence.

Quote:
Numbers remain objective even when mathematicians get their sums wrong
Do you mean numbers already exist, before intelligent lifeforms conceive of them?
If that is the case then you will have to accept the possibility that knowledge is infinite and you can't only say someone can get it wrong, since infinity will imply none of us got the total abstract truth; right or wrong respect to morality will be fraught with uncertainty.
We will always be seeking knowledge and will possibly always remain igorrant of the true abstract truth.

Quote:
morality remains objective even when nobody in the whole world has perceived the correct, moral course of action to take in a certain circumstance.
How can you be sure that we know what is truely right or wrong in existence?
Only evidence we have of morality, is here on Earth.
Think outside the box, you should consider.
Quote:
Morality is a dry equation.
What is a dry equation? I never heard of that one.

Quote:
To each moral question, there is a "right" answer (an optimally moral answer) and there are infinite "wrong" answers. (Less moral courses of action.)
Ok I'm going to ask you some questions.
If you had to save your love one from death and a non-love one from death, by preventing them from falling off a cliff, but you can only save one of them.
Which one will you chose to save, your love one or the stranger?
Since you can only save one of them and one of them will have to die is it morally right or wrong to chose?
If you decide to fall with them, is it morally right or wrong to commit suicide?
If you save one of them is it morally right or wrong, to make that choice?
If you save neither of them is it morally right or wrong, to make that choice?
Remember if you let either one of them die you are immoral, according to your reasoning.
Also will you save your love one over the stranger?
Are you amoral if you commit suicide?

Quote:
It doesn't matter whether people choose the right answer or not. The answer remains out in the aether, an abstract truth that may be attainable to those with the necessary reasoning power to see it, and the necessary empathy to want to see it.
Empathy, if you depend on that you can't be objective; feelings are bias by the emotions.
Feelings: Emotional or moral sensitivity (especially in relation to personal principles or dignity)
Personal it says, bias!

Quote:
As for your persistent references to alien life forms and artificial intelligences... They're all irrelevant and laughable. No offence.
They are relevant, you are being bias, Spider.
Our society is not the only one.
Also artificial intelligences, will have emotions one day; we should include them in discussion of the philosophy of morality.
You should consider breaking down your enclose walls of skepticism.
Or, you will remain ignorant of the abstract truth of existence.
No offence and I'm trying to be nice here.

Last edited by windu6; 06-10-2007 at 10:36 AM.
Windu Chi is offline   you may: quote & reply,