View Single Post
Old 06-12-2007, 04:23 PM   #132
JasraLantill
No One Liners

Current Game: SWOTR
The Walking Carpets Guild Member Alderaan News Holopics contributor LFN Staff Member Roleplayer 
Lake would have preferred to go meet Mike on her own, but there was really no logical reason to refuse Frederick's company. "My apologies, Master Mejia," Lake said coolly to him as they walked down the corridor heading to the hanger bay. "Master Kai always did say that I should think twice and speak once." She grinned wryly. "Guess I haven’t quite got the hang of it yet."

She was feeling out of sorts because of the arguing, and as she had no master to advise her anymore, she sought the next best thing--Mike. The Nautolan was well liked by all, but as a fellow Guardian, what she admired most about him was his skills in fighting, especially with the lightsaber. She had taken great delight in sparring with him, learning more moves and control from him than she ever had from Master Kai, and, as she was currently masterless, she found herself looking more and more to him for the advice that she would have previously sought from her former master. She was sure that Mike would support her and Jesp's take on the current situation, and she hoped that he would be able to sway the opinion of the Jedi Knight that walked beside her.

As they reached the hanger bay, Lake caught sight through the view window of Mike’s shuttle making its landing next to a fighter—or rather what was left of it. She raised an eyebrow. “Woah…,” she said, pausing with astonishment as she viewed for the first time Lux’s wreck of a fighter. She shook her head with disbelief as she waited with Frederick for Mike to disembark. “Lux certainly wasn’t exaggerating when he said he trashed his ship. Would you look at that thing?” She tilted her head to one side to view it from a different angle. “I can’t figure it out… is that the cockpit there,” she pointed, “or what’s left of the engine?”

Veni, Vidi, Velcro. (I came, I saw, I stuck around)