View Single Post
Old 06-19-2007, 05:23 PM   #43
Ecthelion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corinthian
For the record, there is no "Force Push" "Force Pull" or "Force Grip." It's just telekinesis.
Where did you get that information? If that's the case, Obi-Wan was using the same power when he pushed droids as Vader was when he strangled Ozzel; we know that's not true. It's true that all of those powers manipulate things telekinetically, but that doesn't make them all the same power.

Quote:
Originally Posted by True_Avery
I think it should just be accepted that Star Wars is your basic fantasy universe of Good Vs. Evil. I justify my fic version of the Force as relative because it is a universe I have created that is similar to Star Wars, but holds many real life elements and thus is no longer Star Wars. EU has many very questionable things that are placed there by authors incorporating real life elements into Star Wars, thus they ruin the Good and Evil story the films tried to create.
Good point. The EU, like your stories, is no longer Star Wars because of its wider view of the Force. I am in favor of separating the EU and the movies whenever possible.

Last edited by Ecthelion; 06-19-2007 at 06:04 PM.
Ecthelion is offline   you may: quote & reply,