Thread: Global Warming
View Single Post
Old 06-20-2007, 01:11 PM   #4
Alien426
'll take away your bucket

Well, I think a lot of evidence points to a global climate change is happening. It's debatable if caused by humans.

There was a documentation on German TV which was based on a BBC docu. Though they got rid of some errors of the original, some remained. They were arguing against human accountability.

It was easy to get swayed in their direction, even though they were very tabloidy by calling it "The Climate Swindle". Afterwards there was a discussion and I feared the 3 persons proclaimed as contrary to the documentation might have a weak position. They didn't really. No side can prove beyond doubt one way or the other.

The consensus was and has to be:
Don't act panicky. Don't believe everything you hear.
Think about what the source's agenda may be. Do they profit from their claims? Will they secure funds for one outcome, but not the other?

The docu did mainly focus on CO2 as the source of climate change. One should not forget about other factors. Also acting environment friendly mostly can't be such a bad thing. Even if CO2 isn't doing as much damage as some fear, not using a car or using something other than a combustion engine profits the shrinking oil resources.

The video:
The dude fails to see that the costs don't just vanish. Someone gets paid that money. If that someone is spending the money on the market that invested it: no harm done.
Buying oil and natural gas often means that money goes to Saudi Arabia or Russia. Do they spend a lot of money on western stuff?

Longer than I intended.

Alien426 is offline   you may: quote & reply,