Thread: let's resurrect
View Single Post
Old 06-27-2007, 11:17 AM   #118
SeaTurtle
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshi
By the time the seventh movie comes out the majority of audiences (the majority being made up of non-fans and casual movie goers) will have forgotten about whatever chatacter was introduced here and would need to be introduced again anyway. If said character wasn't needed in OotP, they shouldn't have been included, it's just dead weight (my guess is, she's talking about Grawp).
Your guess is wrong (if what I've read is true) The character isn't particularly important in OOTP, but does become slightly more important in HBP (if I'm remembering correctly), by which time - I'm guessing - they would be awkward to introduce due to the circumstances. Does that even make sense?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshi
the studio's learned the difference between a decent book adaption and just plastering everything from the book to the screen to please the fans (which is essentially what the first two movies did).
But there are times when too little is included. Have you seen Eragon? It's like someone glanced at a synopsis of the story and decided to make the movie based on that.
SeaTurtle is offline   you may: quote & reply,