Thread: Doctor Who!
View Single Post
Old 06-30-2007, 08:31 AM   #5
plamdi.com
Rookie

Okay, so I downloaded Utopia and The Sound of Drums, the finale is not looking as good as the last series, I must say.

I think they're still to do a good Dalek episode; with the exception of the finale of Episode 2 - though that was a cyber-man/dalek episode. All other dalek episodes in the new series have sucked. Daleks in Manhattan started well, but it all went downhill in Evolution of the Daleks. I also don't think they've done enough episodes outside of Earth.

I still think that 13 episodes is the length of a "mini-series" and not a full length series. And in many ways it seems that the "specials" are always the best episodes! I say that with a bit of reservation, because the finale for 2006 was good (and much better then 2005), but still The Runaway Bride was excellent... compared with somewhat ordinary episodes like Gridlock, 42 and Human Nature. It also seems that through 2005-2007 the writers have been making a cliché out of disallowing the doctor access to the TARDIS - how many times to they expect to beat that horse? And now with the current season finale... well I don't want to spoil it for anyone, but I'll just say the 2007 finale uses an enemy of the doctor that should have been retired long ago.
plamdi.com is offline   you may: quote & reply,