View Single Post
Old 07-27-2007, 03:38 PM   #9
Grace
Forumite

Aislin had never known it, but the man she knew as Max was the leader of the Greater Stars. He sighed wearily. "Do as they say. We're outnumbered ten to one at the least."

He opened a comm channel to the other ship. "Valuables are stored in several locations aboard the ship. Resistance is over. I'm sending you a deck plan of the ship, which should have everything you want marked. As to Aislin Dantes, we have no idea where she is. We can tell you the proper contact guidelines we use when dealing with her."

"Max, what are you doing?" his second in command demanded, alarmed. He turned to face her and shook his head.

"Don't worry," he said. "This will soon pass. They want Aislin. We have information on her possible next job. Good business practice. Give up whatever will kill you; hold on to what they don't need. Tell them our representative will meet face to face to give the word on Aislin."

He shook his head. "It's a shame, really. I liked her. She had a lot of spirit. But if this is what's coming after her... she doesn't stand a chance."

My story in progress: United We Stand - Divided We Fall

Please read and review
Grace is offline   you may: quote & reply,