View Single Post
Old 08-20-2007, 12:06 AM   #8
acdcfanbill
..the wonders I have seen

Imperialist Meatbags Guild Member The Walking Carpets Guild Member LFN Staff Member 10 year veteran! 
The install folders may be different in different versions of the game packaged, but my setup.exe is in Gamedata folder. And I wasn't being difficult, I was just stating, if the problem was as described, a run command won't help. Perhaps you could have your nephew log on to re-describe the problem. But as I see it, run commands won't do anything for him if the disc is not recognized and I stated as much.

And Johney, my location is a joke, 'wholes' is a homonym for holes, the correct word. 'Villany' is a misspelled version of villainy as well. It was a joke I reproduced from one of my friends when I happened to sign up. I leave it that way because it makes me chuckle when I look at it. Also, thanks for a 'belittling' comment after condemning me for it.

Anywho, sorry if I seemed curt, but frankly, I deal with/answer a lot of help questions on the forums, and I like to think I'm pretty good at diagnosis after these few years, so when someone glosses over my explanation of a possible solution, it can be annoying.

acdcfanbill is offline   you may: quote & reply,