View Single Post
Old 09-03-2007, 01:19 AM   #4
Grace
Forumite

Tegan Marr drifted listlessly at the center of a group of frightened civilians as they scattered before the oncoming Mandalorians. Her rich brown eyes darted from side to side, taking in the numbers of the enemy and calculating an escape path. She had been caught in this crowd purely by coincidence and had used it to her advantage. But that advantage was wearing thin. Soon, the crowd would resist and then, they would be scattered.

All too soon, it happened. The Mandalorians fired a few shots into the crowd. Tegan, leapt high overhead, shrugging off the loose rags that allowed her to blend in with the crowd and revealing the dark brown colored leather light battle armor she'd taken to wearing during her exile. Draped around her shoulders, a matching cloak flowed, giving any of the crowd of people who saw her an instant thrill of hope. There was a Jedi among them.

Before Tegan's leap was fully completed, her lightsaber was out, gleaming emerald blade deflecting incoming blaster bolts. Then, her feet found the dusty ground as she landed in a crouch. Rising quickly, Tegan caught three Mandalorians in a swirling sweep of her lightsaber. Then, she was gone again, lunging for the rooftop of a nearby building. Dozens of shots flew up to chase her, but many were deflected before they could do any damage.

The rooftop was reached with little difficulty and Tegan paused there to gather her thoughts. She could already hear the Mandalorians working to scale the building and take her down, but she took a moment to retrieve her communicator.

"General Jesp, this is Tegan Marr," she said. "The attack on the city has begun. Mandalorians are driving civilians further inward, toward your position, I believe. I'm giving them an alternate target by being a little obnoxious, so the Republic soldiers should be able to catch up and start doing their fair share of damage."

At that moment, two Mandalorians reached the roof. Tegan whirled to face them, lightsaber in one hand, communicator in the other, and continued to speak. "I expect the Mandalorians heading your way intend to retake the command center in order to better conduct their defense of their holdings. Due to the soldiers coming in behind them, I don't think they'll get to you, but keep an eye out anyway."

She slid the communicator smoothly into a pocket and deflected the Mandalorian attacks. "Come at me, boys," she challenged. They stayed at a decent distance and fired. With a gentle Force push, Tegan knocked them off the side of the building and they fell to their deaths. Moving forward to the edge of the building, Tegan looked down. She allowed a grin to spread across her face as she saw the first of the Republic soldiers arrive and she leapt from the building, using the Force to slow her descent until she was right at the center of the civilians once more.

"Get behind me," she ordered, pushing through them toward the Mandalorians. They didn't know which way to defend against. On one side, there was a Jedi, and on the other, Republic soldiers closed in. Soon, the Mandalorian team that had been on their way with civilians in tow to retake the command center was eliminated.

"General Marr," one of the soldiers said, bowing ever so slightly. "We await your orders."

"The command center is ours," Tegan answered. "Follow me. We are going to take these civilians there and then you will set up a perimeter to defend it against the Mandalorians. Let's move."

My story in progress: United We Stand - Divided We Fall

Please read and review
Grace is offline   you may: quote & reply,