View Single Post
Old 09-05-2007, 07:30 PM   #86
JasraLantill
No One Liners

Current Game: SWOTR
The Walking Carpets Guild Member Alderaan News Holopics contributor LFN Staff Member Roleplayer 
"Bucking for my job, are you?" Jyot stuck his head up inside Arelyn's turret, and then revealed his recently-purchased replacement console assembly and waggled it in front of her. "If you're going to tinker around with stuff, you might as well make yourself useful and...."

He gave the gunner a quick once-over, his eyes not really lingering on any particular body part, and then frowned slightly. There was something different about her.

"...install... this, say, you change your hair or something?" he asked, looking slightly confused. Then a spark of realization flickered in his eyes and he uttered a slow, "Oh, I know what it is." He nodded in casual approval. "No bruises. It's a good look for you."

Placing the new console on the deck, he gave the damaged one a surveying look next, tutted, then reached up, grabbed it and unceremoniously ripped it out in its entirety. "Not even anything there for spares," he grumbled. His eyes narrowed. "You know, Arelyn, it's a very good thing, a very, very good thing, that you weren't in the turret when this happened. You'd've had a lot more damage than just bruises."

He wiped a finger across the soot on the side of the wall, tutted again, and then swore. "Kriffin' pirates. Just what I wanted to do today--refit power conduit and control panels." He let out a small sigh, then grinned at Arelyn. "Though if you want to assist me I'm sure the job would go twice as... oh." He shut his mouth, then nodded with acknowledgment. "I know that 'look,'" he said pointing a finger at her, his eyes locked on hers. "Seen it twice today already, and... well, not that you don't look stunning when you're getting irritated, but...." He rubbed his chin. "I really don't want to get slapped again today."

He ducked out of the turret. "I'll replace the panel once the crew meeting is over," he called up to her. Then he stuck his head back in. "Oh, you did know there's a crew meeting in the common room, right?"

Yikes! The 'look' again. "Right. 'Course you did." He ducked out again. "I'll save you a seat," he called over his shoulder. "I might need protection from Ali," he murmured quietly to himself.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro. (I came, I saw, I stuck around)