View Single Post
Old 09-06-2007, 05:07 PM   #35
stoffe
Network Caretaker

Helpful! 10 year veteran! Notable contributor 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pavlos
No, knockdown was broken, apparently (I have no idea where to start on DnD rules ).
Knockdown was a Bioware invention for NWN1, that feat does not exist in D&D. So they could make it work like they want. Now they've seemingly decided to make it worthless. Hopefully at least the cooldown can be removed in feat.2da. That should hopefully still make it fairly useful as a spellcaster disruption tool for fighters.

Quote:
Umm... the camera is... new. I'm not sure what more I can say - it took a while to get used to but I got the strategy mode to work as I wanted to and then managed to get the character mode to work nicely too.
Is it possible to configure it to work just like Top-down mode does? I prefer being able to swing the camera around, zoom in and out, pan tilt the camera as I wish etc.

Quote:
it will hopefully settle some of the "the camera is broken!!!!111!!!" people down . Oh and my first thoughts when looking at the camera screen were,
the camera might be broken!!!!111!!!

Quote:
The... game seemed to mysteriously forget my graphics settings but no big deal.
Every time you start it, or just the first time after the patch has been applied?

Quote:
There are some nice improvements - such as the addition of a "far shadows" check-box - but, the graphics screen just seems to be a rearrangement and rewording of things.
I hope you can still turn off he same things through... without minimal shadows and point light shadows, soft shadows and reflective water off the game becomes unplayable on my computer.

Quote:
Others are reporting rather large increases in fps but this is the internet, the realm of exaggeration, so it's probably best to take them with a grain of salt.
Might depend on hardware, but I wouldn't be surprised if much of it is placebo. If people are being told there are performance increases they often see what they've been told they should see to some extent.

Quote:
Low light vision doesn't actually seem to work ... so no fears there, stoffe.
Nothing happens if you toggle it? Weird. Darkvision was pretty bugged before already (you had to switch control to another party member and then back to your PC after an area transition to turn it on), but at least it worked reasonably OK. I liked that it just slightly increased the light level of the area without any fancy (aka: annoying in the long run) visual effects like the Nightvision in Oblivion.

Quote:
Edit: Oh and a little yellow message comes up across the top of the screen when you get a new journal entry in the cinematic conversation mode - which is nice.
That's nice, it was always a bit annoying that you couldn't see what effects your choices in a dialog had until after the dialog was done.

stoffe is offline   you may: quote & reply,