View Single Post
Old 09-08-2007, 10:52 AM   #14
Prime
Am I a truck or robot?

Current Game: Skyrim, Macross PS2
10 year veteran! LF Jester Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamqd
For the sake of those who can't read minds, what are your reasons for it's dismissal?
I guess it is basically a culmination of a pet peeve I have with the EU. Basically, in the films, the Force allows Jedi and Sith to enhance their physical abilities, affect the world around them, and give them limited telepathic powers. That's it. The EU has **** like people blowing things up with their mind, creating wormholes to destroy capital ships, electric judgment, etc. Now they've added time travel. It is just so over the top. The EU has taken Jedi and Sith and turned them into gods and superheroes, not the super soldiers/police they are portrayed as in the films. It makes those such as Anakin, Yoda, and Palpatine, who are supposed to be the best each order has, arguably for all time, and makes them into a bunch of wimps. Who needs a clone army when you can destroy entire fleets with your mind?

On top of that, you have all the other silliness and inconsistencies that come with the EU, like only 3 million clones, people live well into their 120's, and a starfighter that was nearly indestructible and could destroy an entire star system. Yuck.[/rant]

That's the short answer.

Prime is offline   you may: quote & reply,