View Single Post
Old 09-15-2007, 07:48 PM   #101
JasraLantill
No One Liners

Current Game: SWOTR
The Walking Carpets Guild Member Alderaan News Holopics contributor LFN Staff Member Roleplayer 
Jyot's eyes went wide and he held his hands up in surrender while he shrugged his shoulders. "How the hell should I know?" he said to Latch, as he reached inside the hatch and tweaked the inertial compensator setting to 95 as Ali had requested. "She's a woman. Does she need a reason to be mad?"

Latch cocked his head to one side. "Well, no, but... she seems like a reasonable sort of person to me."

Jyot's eyes narrowed. "Reasonable! Ali? Reasonable?" As he replaced the panel in the deck, he shook his head. "That woman isn't reasonable. She's crazy--completely and beautifully insane. She's an awesome pilot, intelligent, adventurous, witty, has a fantastic body, and a great... " He paused uncomfortably, rethinking what he was going to say. "... erm, sense of balance. But reasonable?" He flashed a grin, shaking his head side to side as he did so. "Never reasonable. That's probably why I was attracted to her in the first place."

"So why does she have it in for you now?" Latch asked. "You must have done something."

Jyot shrugged. "I just lost touch. I left the CEC, took a job in Bespin, and that's the last I ever heard of her." He let out a sigh. "Yeah, I meant to call her. But, you know how things go. You get a new job, you get busy, you're making new contacts...." He sighed. "But she never called me either," he added, wagging a defensive finger. "I mean, I wouldn't say we parted on 'bad' terms, but... well...." He rubbed his chin where Ali had hit him hours earlier. It still smarted.

He picked up his tool kit, intending to head to Arelyn's turret to finish the repairs. "She's already decked me once today, Latch. I'm staying well out of her way." He hit his comlink. "Ok, pilot," he said to Ali, deliberately remaining impersonal with her. "Engines are a go. Scimmy's all yours."

Veni, Vidi, Velcro. (I came, I saw, I stuck around)