View Single Post
Old 09-21-2007, 02:55 PM   #14
Dagobahn Eagle
First Strike Tester

Current Game: First Strike
The 'lawsuit' was meant as a practical example of how frivolous lawsuits in the States have gotten totally out of hand. This is a more than valid point, but it was apparently missed by most people, including the media and, big surprise, the fundamentalist clergy, who recently fabricated a 'reply' from God.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silly fundamentalist
"This one miraculously appeared on the counter. It just all of a sudden was here poof!" Friend said.
How utterly pathetic. Not only does he fail to look up the motive of the Senator, he feels compelled to fill in for his almighty god who's apparently unable to defend himself.

Watch me scribble a magical note from Odin and say it was delivered by two black ravens.

Quote:
[God's] response argues that the defendant is immune from some earthly laws and the court lacks jurisdiction.
So God and Jesus could be pedophiles, rapists, homosexuals and flamboyant terrorists and it'd be totally OK to everyone. Right. I love Christian fundamentalists.

Edit: Waitaminute, just 'some' Earthly laws. OK, so they've caught our pedophile argument and now He's only allowed to call giant floods killing all but a handful of humans and crush cities with brimstone. I don't know where they pulled the 'some' part from, but I feel safer already.

Quote:
It adds that blaming God for human oppression and suffering misses an important point. "I created man and woman with free will and next to the promise of immortal life, free will is my greatest gift to you," according to the response, as read by Friend.
Yeah, I'm so lucky God included the will to rape and murder and beat other people up in the Free Will package, because without the Will to Rape, a fundamental human right, we'd be mindless zombies without a will of our own. Sure.

Quote:
There was no contact information on the filing, although St. Michael the Archangel is listed as a witness, Friend said.
Pathetic.

Quote:
A second response from "God" disputing Chambers' allegations lists a phone number for a Corpus Christi law office. A message left for that office was not immediately returned Thursday.
I take it He does not take prayers anymore, then. Where should we send requests for help now, to the Salvation Army? Like, 'God C/O Salvation Army, Houston Chapter, this and that address'? Will be quite a change for the church-goers, sending e-mails instead of getting down on their knees.

Quote:
90% christian, so I'd say you're probably right, assuming that this issue is the sole consideration in the campaign.
It all too often is.

Last edited by Dagobahn Eagle; 09-21-2007 at 03:09 PM.
Dagobahn Eagle is offline   you may: quote & reply,