View Single Post
Old 09-24-2007, 04:42 PM   #108
JasraLantill
No One Liners

Current Game: SWOTR
The Walking Carpets Guild Member Alderaan News Holopics contributor LFN Staff Member Roleplayer 
"Ha, ha." Jyot gave a deadpan look in Latch's direction, before grinning and pouring himself another ale. "Yeah, yeah, yeah," he said waving a dismissive hand. "I admit the tranq dart was a mistake on my part. It was supposed to be just saline in the dart for the test." He raised an eyebrow at Stitcher, who snickered softly at the silent accusation.

"Sorry, I just couldn't resist, Jyot. It was just too good of an opportunity to pass up."

Jyot merely gave the doc a friendly eyeroll. "Uh-huh...." He took a sip of ale. "Nevermind, I promised to get you back one day, and I will," he said, wagging a finger at the doctor. "Now, the three sisters thing..." He rubbed his chin. "Yeah, I admit that was probably both reckless and stupid." Jyot smiled, a cross between slightly embarrassed and definitely mischievous, and then he sighed reminiscently. "But, a blond, a brunette, and a redhead all in one day? Boy, that was...." He suddenly became aware that they were in mixed company, with Ali and Arelyn both giving him hard stares from across the table.

"Fun?" Ali offered.

"Erm... educational," Jyot settled on, trying his best to look believable. "One of them had a degree in Integrated Circuitry."

"Uh-huh." Ali crossed her arms over her chest. "And what did the other two have degrees in? Biology and Physical Therapy?"

Aerlyn grinned, while Jyot looked flustered.

"C'mon, Jay," Ali said. "It's me you're talking to. I know exactly what you look for first in a woman." Her eyes flicked down to her chest, and then she stared back at the engineer. "And it ain't her degrees."

Jyot's forehead wrinkled. "So, what, you're saying that my only concern is for the beauty of the physical female form and I can't appreciate personality or brains?"

Ali grinned. "I don't believe you can, no. In fact...." She exchanged a secretive look with Arelyn. "I'd bet you 500 credits that you couldn't go six weeks without 'appreciating' female physical forms."

Jyot raised his brow. "Oh, ho! You think I'll fall for that one, do you?" He eyed both Arelyn and Ali dubiously. "Get me to bet 500 creds and then the first time I even look at either of you, wham! You'll hit me up to collect." He shook his head, then took another sip of ale. "Even I'm not that stupid."

"Oh, we wouldn't count," Ali said, and Arelyn nodded in kind. "Only women other than the two of us would count. I mean," she again exchanged a knowing look with Arelyn, "we work with you. You see us everyday. It wouldn't be fair if we penalized you for looking at us, now would it?"

The corner of Jyot's mouth twisted a bit as he thought about the offer. They were on the way to an ice planet in the middle of nowhere to capture a Jedi. How many beautiful humanoid women could be on an ice planet in the middle of nowhere? One? Two, maybe? And wouldn't they be bundled up most of the time due to the cold? "Six weeks, huh?" he asked Ali. "And humanoids only, right? I mean, you're not going to try and trick me into giving a compliment to someone's pet kath hound or something, right?"

"Oh, no. Humanoids only." She paused a moment. "So that means, no ogling, no wry comments, no chatting up, and definitely no physical contact with any humanoid female." She grinned. "For six. Whole. Weeks."

"Make it six hundred credits total," Jyot offered. "Payable as one hundred credits per week."

It was Ali's turn to think. She whispered something in Arelyn's ear, to which Arelyn grinned, then nodded. Ali reached across the table, sticking out her hand for Jyot to shake. "Ok. Six hundred total, but payable as only two installments. Fail before three weeks, and we get the entire six hundred. Fail after three weeks, and we'll call it even. Stick it out for the whole six, and you'll get the second payment. Deal?"

Jyot sensed that there was something fishy about this deal, but.... "Ok, you're on." He shook Ali's hand. "Deal. No womanizing for six whole weeks. Starting today."

Veni, Vidi, Velcro. (I came, I saw, I stuck around)