View Single Post
Old 09-27-2007, 12:57 PM   #4
SilentScope001
May The Force Serve You.

Quote:
What strategic goals do you wish to pursue in that region? Fans of "self-determination"? Wonder how Tibet feels about that, or Taiwan for that matter.
Difference is self-determinaton for nations. China claims that since Taiwan and Tibet belongs to China, the whole country of China gets to determine what happens to Taiwan and Tibet.

Quote:
No reason to let the little guys (and how many of them are really on the part of the SC that matters anyway) have an upper hand
There are 10 little guys on the Security Council. I think 7 of those countries are taken by real people, meaning 3 little guys won't be there.

Quote:
Try to extract a concession on any interests you have in Iran in exchange for help on Iraq. However, knowing nothing about what your current strategies are, however loosely formed, makes it difficult to provide anything really helpful.
Hm, that thought about Iran got me jogging...I do think Iran and China have very good cooperation. China does back Iran's peaceful nuclear program (and funds it), and think the Iranian co-operation with the IAEA is good. While Iranian nuclear program is itself isn't on the agenda: "Preventing conflict in the Middle East" is, and I think the USA ambassador would like to use the agenda topic as a great way to target Iran.

I know Iran has interests in Iraq, so I might want to help defend Iran's interests too (using the self-determination mantra), but prehaps if I can get the USA's to stop worrying about Iran, then the US could get some cooperation and help over Iraq. Russia backs Iran's nuclear program as well, and I think they probraly see Iraq as a sideshow too. Hm. Thanks Tokentopf for your help, I think this can really help me out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Onion
"The Cambodian government has established many exciting-sounding 're-education camps' where both intellectuals and everyday citizens can be sent at any time," Day said. Well, we at Barnes & Noble have always supported re-education in America, and we intend to extend this policy to our new customers." For every hardcover book sold, Barnes & Noble will donate a dollar to the Cambodian government to help re-educate local children.
Full Article Here

Last edited by SilentScope001; 09-27-2007 at 01:08 PM.
SilentScope001 is offline   you may: quote & reply,