Thread: Nostalgia
View Single Post
Old 10-01-2007, 12:03 PM   #14
Thor the Bassis
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthMuffin
Actually, I reckon JA would have been more interesting if it had been more different. Chasing Tavion would be like chasing Desann in JO. It would have been fine, but it could have been better too.
Not if there was a good hook to the chase - like you decided where you were looking for tavion or you had several levels trying to stop tavion from reaching Korriban in space battles and boarding. My main problem is you were taken from the pen-ultimate level and then ten minutes later you had killed tavion. You needed more chasing in the end levels not just a message from Luke saying "get here tavion is attacking".

Quote:
The "normal life" part is boring because it wasn't developped enough in my opinion. If we could wander around the Temple between missions, find goodies/whatevers, actually train like Jedi are supposed to do, pass various tests, etc., and if your mission choice actually meant something, I think it would have been more interesting. In its current state, what they did was to cut out what could have been interesting and unique, and slap random levels of sabre slaughter with a plot hook at the end.
I agree in wandering around the temple but building in training would be hard as the whole point of the game is you are supposed to practise your controls to become good with your sabre. I didn't like the level choice as I thought it was a bit silly that you chose and you weren't told to do levels by luke or kyle. Surely you would be sent on the most urgent mission

Quote:
Basically, I think JA should have had a persistant-type of campaign with more RPG elements thrown in. Instead of just playing a random guy through the levels, you would play the character you created - a jedi apprentice. For example, after character creation and the prologue you end up in the Temple and when you load the character (instead of just a random save) you pop back there. Your character could develop various stats/abilities in addition to foce powers, etc.
I recon having more diplomacy would have been good. After all part of the jedi training is to solve problems with words. The missions should have been open ended in how to solve them so you could use violence or talking. You could also have more of an option to go to a certain planet even if it wasn't part of your story line - a bit like obi wan goes looking for kamino even though he doesn't know theres the clones there - bit more like detecting.

I agree though it wasn't bulked out enough from JO and once i'd played through the game as a blur of sabre flashes I never went back to a level...

...oh except the swoop bike level which was fun for a while.

But I can still play the atst level in Outcast, the yavin final level, the bespin level etc

Sometimes in life you're the pigeon. Other times you're the statue.
Thor the Bassis is offline   you may: quote & reply,