View Single Post
Old 09-28-2007, 12:24 AM   #48
SilentScope001
May The Force Serve You.

Quote:
YES. Even though I have a tremendous amount of respect for the US military(moreso than the rest of the government) and love democracy, I think that if we went to war with Iraq JUST to overthrow Saddam and set up a Democratic government, it was morally wrong.
Huh. Understood. I guess I'm okay with violence, only because it's the only thing that has worked for us in the past, and animals use violence as well. We are still living due to the slaughters and the murders that previous generations of the human race has pulled off, after all. Since the hands of all nations in existance or in the past are, well, pretty bloody...I would be very uncomfortable calling every one of them immoral. Still, I see your point. To each their own.

Still, following your logic, I would be a bit iffy about even having the US military protect Kurdistan. It will make Turkey, another ally of US, and a democracy, pretty angry about us protecting the Kurds, and many members of the Kurds are sympathetic to the PKK, a terrorist organization that occasianlly pull off car bombs and terror attacks in both Iran and Turkey. And what about the Kurdistan's claim over Kirkuk and all its precious oil? The Kurds are willing to relocate the Arabs who live there, because they "were there first". And if the Arabs don't want to leave, then the Kurds will just move in anyway and force the Arabs to sell. If I follow your logic, if the Kurds are pulling off immoral stuff, should we even help them?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Onion
"The Cambodian government has established many exciting-sounding 're-education camps' where both intellectuals and everyday citizens can be sent at any time," Day said. Well, we at Barnes & Noble have always supported re-education in America, and we intend to extend this policy to our new customers." For every hardcover book sold, Barnes & Noble will donate a dollar to the Cambodian government to help re-educate local children.
Full Article Here
SilentScope001 is offline   you may: quote & reply,