View Single Post
Old 09-28-2007, 12:12 AM   #50
Achilles
Dapper Chimp

Helpful! Veteran Modder Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobQel-Droma
I really don't want to get into this, but I want to just ask....

Why are you dead-set against "Conservative Christians" doing what is perfectly ok for them to do?
Is this for me? I'm not "dead set" against their right to their opinions. I find it disturbing (there I go with that word again), that they feel justified in opposing the rights of others based on their beliefs. I thought I made that clear earlier in the thread, but my apologies if that's not the case.

Quote:
You keep coming back very antagonistic/sarcastic when someone says something like this, but I'm just wondering why the heck do you take 10 minutes of your time to complain if you don't intend to do anything about it.
Perhaps I consider bringing the matter to the forefront of discussion (if only for a while in this limited forum) "doing something". It takes less time than writing a strong letter to my congressman and generates more awareness. But perhaps you'd rather I burn a church down or something.

Quote:
I may not agree with what they are doing, but its not like everyone else does the same thing. Liberals, Conservatives, Republicans, Christian Conservatives, Anarchists (well ok, I don't know about them), everyone. Who cares?
Obviously, I do. If you don't that's your business and you're welcome to it. If you truly don't care though, why are you wasting your time in this thread? Seems a bit hypocritical, no?

Quote:
Neither are you by posting this, last time I checked. Neither am I by responding.
Perhaps not. Then again, perhaps I am.

Quote:
In fact, a whole host of things fall in that category. Doesn't mean a thing.
I don't find your apathy persuasive if that was your intent.

Quote:
Not trying to split hairs, but that is *Blind* Faith.
Whatever adjective makes you happy. Please feel free to address your letter to Merriam-Webster.

Out of curiosity, what does "sighted" faith look like? Also, how is it related to religion? Looking forward to your response.

Quote:
Ahem. Wasn't the Constitution written by men who were Christians? Perhaps I'm misunderstanding you, but....
Please show me where the Constitution makes any reference to god? Also, many of the Framers were deists.
Here is a link you might find beneficial.

Quote:
And here you totally ignore the horrors and brutality that innocent people endured that occured under Saddam's reign. You also seem to forget that Saddam was in close contact and was even helping the people that killed thousands of our people on 9/11.
Says the man that accuses me of watching too much news.

Bush admits that Iraq Had Nothing To Do With 9/11

Quote:
Also, I think your viewpoint is selfish - you say that since it has no tangible benefit for us, we should leave. What about the people over in the Middle East that are being murdered by these crazy Iraqi terrorists?
You mean the Iraqi civil war?
Achilles is offline   you may: quote & reply,