View Single Post
Old 09-28-2007, 02:23 AM   #53
Achilles
Dapper Chimp

Helpful! Veteran Modder Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobQel-Droma
True. But in answer to your question, I was trying to figure out why you cared.
Because I have a big heart.

Also, something about an adage about those that don't stand up when one group's rights are infringed find themselves standing all alone when their rights are at stake. Self-preservation through empathy.

Quote:
Using the same lack of rational, I could say that these Conservative Christians are too.
Indeed, I would say that they are. Get it now?

Quote:
Apathy? It's fact. There are always things like this. And believe, everything affects the world in different ways. But why don't we just disband LucasArts. It hasn't seemed to do anything that are the likes of what you said, right?
We all find our spheres of influence where they are, I guess.

Quote:
Oh please. You're turning this into something its not. Blind faith is faith in something that you cannot see or know is true, but have faith in it because of your belief.
Sure. The dictionary just refers to that as "faith" by the way.

Quote:
Faith other than that is faith in something that has evidence to which it can be true.
Hmmm...that sounds like "belief":

conviction of the truth of some statement or the reality of some being or phenomenon especially when based on examination of evidence

Quote:
I don't understand how you seem to find what I said hard to understand, its what it means. Maybe you might want to brush up on some vocab there, buddy.
Says the man that want's to redefine "belief" as "faith". Thanks for the pointers, though.

Quote:
I concede your point, but all people who are theists/deists belive in God, and Creation. Show me a religion like that that doesn't. That was my point.
Deist belief is very different from christian belief. That was mine.

Quote:
No, just believing in it too much.
Twice in one day I've been lucky enough to participate in a pot calling the kettle black exchange. Hooray for me!

Quote:
Besides, what I say isn't just based on armchair theorizing and watching CNN or anything, trust me.
Ok, I will. Hey...you aren't actually George Bush are you?

Quote:
And as for Bush, well, I don't support Bush. I think he was a big dissapointment.
You just happen to swallow his rhetoric hook, line, and sinker. Gotcha.

Quote:
So what he says I don't necessarily believe in.
I, literally, never would have guessed.

Quote:
True, that may not have been his intent when he went into Iraq, but I do believe that it was all interconnected, and that we should have gone in (perhaps differently). Oh, and just was his intent? Hmm? Would it possibly have some kind of connection back to terrorism anyways?
It's possible but he's had 5 years to prove his case and so far, nothing.

Quote:
What?

Ermmm.... I'm guessing that you don't think Saddam was a problem before we went to war?
Ethnic tensions in Iraq go back much further than Saddam, my friend.
Achilles is offline   you may: quote & reply,