View Single Post
Old 10-03-2007, 01:11 AM   #67
Achilles
Dapper Chimp

Helpful! Veteran Modder Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobQel-Droma
But, hmmmm, didn't I just say the exact opposite thing?
You sure did. My comment was meant to convey that I don't believe that to be true based on the things that you say. I would say that actions speak louder than words, however in this case, I think it would be more accurate to say that these paragraphs speak louder than this contradictory sentence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobQel-Droma
But my question was: did you think that Saddam (or, Ok, that region, to make you happy) was as problem before we went in?
I'm assuming that you meant "as big a problem". Not trying to call out the typo, just want to make sure that I'm addressing the correct question.

No, the evidence would seem to indicate that things are much worse now. That doesn't mean that I don't think we should have taken him out (or put him power in the first place). If it was our job to take him out for what he did to the kurds and shia, then Bush Sr. could have done so back in the early 90's before he left office. Being a "brutal dictator" just happened to be a convenient back up excuse after we didn't find WMDs and could no longer lie to ourselves that Hussein had anything to do with al qaeda.
Achilles is offline   you may: quote & reply,