Old 10-03-2007, 05:55 PM   #141
Achilles
Dapper Chimp

Helpful! Veteran Modder Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy Allen''
By it I refer to the way atheists negatively present themselves
Ok, let's try it:

Why then do we see atheists consistently getting the way that they negatively present themselves wrong?

Not sure that helps. Would you be willing to try again?

Quote:
and by extension atheism as a whole despite the fallacy of atheism being portrayed solely on the individual.
Not sure how it's a fallacy if it's true. You've been invited on several occations to present evidence for a central athiest doctrine, but have not. Therefore, if there is not central doctrine that guides behavior, then only individuals can be held accountable for what they do.

Quote:
Such as? Being arrogant, they use their intelligence of how evil religion is to beat down those who do not agree.
So you would feel better if atheists (as a whole) were less intelligent?

Quote:
Bullying, they keep on pressing the issue and pressing the issue.
Participation in these forums is voluntary. No one is forcing you to read. Also, if theists have the right to post their thoughts and opinions, then atheists have an equal right to post theirs' (and vice versa).

Quote:
Condescending, they treat those who do not agree with them as though they are idiots.
Bad arguments and fallacious thinking are bad arguments and fallacious thinking. Not sure how the shody rationale for theism is our fault. If people don't like having their arguments refuted then perhaps they aren't prepared to participate in such dialogs.

Quote:
Double slandered, demand answers to their questions and then avoid any that they are asked.
That's quite the accusation, coming from you (as he painstakingly responds to every single point in this post, knowing that none of his points will be acknowledged).

Quote:
Ego maniacal, they go off about how they are 'such a smart ****.'
Examples?

Quote:
Fascist, anything that is not of their own belief is immediately dismissed as being deluded.
And when the belief actually is delusional? Again, not sure how that's our fault.

Quote:
Goading, they try and bait their opponents in a debate to act.
Guilty. Although in my defense I don't think it's wrong to ask for straight answers to straight questions when a dialog is being held in good faith. So maybe I'm only partially to blame on that one.

Quote:
And then there are those who feel that hatred, intolerance and even violence are acceptable methods of dealing with the evil of religion.
Yep, I'm sure that there are. Just like those right-handed serial killers.
Achilles is offline   you may: quote & reply,