View Single Post
Old 10-08-2007, 04:14 PM   #83
Hipmonlee
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jediphile
The obvious problem with those maps is that they are about 4000 years late. I would venture the guess that more of the galaxy would have been explored after 4000 years and that a lesser part of the galaxy would therefore be considered "the unknown regions". And vice versa - meaning that the "unknown regions" in the time of the KotOR games (about 3951 BBY) would be much larger. The first map even has the "Imperial Remnant" on it, which means it's at least year 5 ABY or so
Sure, you can argue that the Unknown regions were bigger at that time. What you can't argue, imo, is that the Old Sith space belonged to the older "Unknown regions". The republic visited Korriban more than once and cleansed several Sith worlds. The ancient sith empire is everything but "unknown".

Quote:
Then what was referred to, and why was the Sith Empire mentioned, thereby confusing the issue? I'd assume that Kreia actually did intend for the exile to find Revan rather than get confused and search the wrong part of the galaxy
She was referring to some place beyond Malachor, imo. Malachor, as seen by the K2 map, borders the UR. Imo, she seemed to be suggesting that the exile should go "beyond" there.

Quote:
Kreia: "You must go where Revan did, into the Unknown Regions, where the Sith, the true Sith, wait in the dark for the great war that comes. And he came because Malachor, like Korriban, lies on the fringes of the ancient Sith Empire, where the true Sith wait for us, in the dark.
I'm not exactly sure what you mean by this. What we know about Malachor (both from the game and from the NEGP) tells us that it isn't part of the Old Sith empire as we know it.

Quote:
stablishing another, older Sith Empire could be done through severe (and IMHO very unelegant) retconning
Well, the devs were aiming for that, so I'm not sure either of us can anticipate whether it'd be unelegant or not.

Quote:
that in no way explains why the Sith Empire of Ragnos and Sadow was mentioned in relation to the true Sith
Perhaps there is indeed a connection between the two. What I fail to see is how exactly they can be both the same.

Quote:
This is the true one...I am telling you the truth...Do you believe me?
Hipmonlee is offline   you may: quote & reply,