View Single Post
Old 10-08-2007, 07:20 PM   #87
Jediphile
Persona non grata

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hipmonlee
Because Malachor is far from Old Sith space. At the risk of repeating myself:

http://img86.imageshack.us/img86/1724/kotor2col6.jpg

This clearly shows that Malachor was intended to be in the Unknown Regions (I mean the ones depicted in the canon sources). Plus, The new essential guide to planets mentions that Malachor is "only a few parsecs from Lehon", which further proves that Malachor was not a part of the Old Sith empire.
And at the risk of repeating Kreia...

Kreia: "You must go where Revan did, into the Unknown Regions, where the Sith, the true Sith, wait in the dark for the great war that comes. And he came because Malachor, like Korriban, lies on the fringes of the ancient Sith Empire, where the true Sith wait for us, in the dark."

She actually states it in the game.

I have looked at your maps. I don't understand why you can't bring yourself to look at the one I provided, which casts doubts on the accuracy of the maps in the KotOR games.

And that map is still off by about 4000 years, which I do believe could be significant.

Quote:
Yes. Ziost was cleansed by the Republic after the Hyperspace war, as was Korriz.
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Ziost

It says it was cleansed. I have yet to see when this cleansing took place. It could basically be any time between the end of the Great Hyperspace War and, presumably, the Battle of Ruusan, where Ziost was largely forgotten. But that's a pretty long time...

Indeed, it could just as well be speculated that Ziost is the intended central homeworld of the true Sith in KotOR3, and that this cleaning is to take place at the end of the game.

Quote:
Yavin IV was later attacked in the Great Sith war, as was Ashas Ree (all from the NEC). Those are 2 capital worlds and other important planets
Yavin IV is not part of the Sith Empire - that's why Naga Sadow could flee there and hide after the Great Hyperspace War, when he was exiled from the Sith Empire and hunted by the Republic.

Quote:
What do you mean? Malachor borders the UR (per the NEGP and the K2 map). Once the Exile beat Kreia, she told her to go further deep into the Unknown regions. I'm not sure what you mean by "Hoth's position" either.
Because the map I linked to puts Hoth in a different part of the galaxy than the map you linked to, which casts doubt on the accuracy of the maps in the KotOR games or else just on the consistency in the maps made of the Star Wars galaxy in general.

Quote:
Fair enough, I see your point. What I meant was more of that, since they had a K3 storyline in mind (at least, afaik), they could be trusted in retconning this stuff without much problem.
Retconning the entire established origin of the Sith is not much of a problem?

Quote:
I'd argue it's different. The whole Nihilus' mask matter is something we know they completely dropped. However, when asked, the devs firmly stated that their intentions with the true Sith was to make a separate group (I'm sorry I can't provide a link to this one - This was from 2005 or so). They never mentioned it was an idea they wouldn't be using in the future...
Nor did they mention that they would, and the fact your only source is a statement way back from 2005 could be taken to mean that they dropped the idea. Besides, if that was the case, why don't they establish this in the game instead of mentioning the Sith Empire?

Quote:
Yeah, I agree. I'm not arguing that there is another Uber Sith out there either. I'm just saying that whatever these true Sith are, they can't be the Old Sith (They can be related, though).
Kreia: "You must go where Revan did, into the Unknown Regions, where the Sith, the true Sith, wait in the dark for the great war that comes. And he came because Malachor, like Korriban, lies on the fringes of the ancient Sith Empire, where the true Sith wait for us, in the dark."

"It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built" - Kreia

Visit my KotOR blog at Deadly Forums.
Jediphile is offline   you may: quote & reply,