View Single Post
Old 10-08-2007, 07:52 PM   #88
Hipmonlee
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jediphile
And at the risk of repeating Kreia...

Kreia: "You must go where Revan did, into the Unknown Regions, where the Sith, the true Sith, wait in the dark for the great war that comes. And he came because Malachor, like Korriban, lies on the fringes of the ancient Sith Empire, where the true Sith wait for us, in the dark."

She actually states it in the game.

I have looked at your maps. I don't understand why you can't bring yourself to look at the one I provided, which casts doubts on the accuracy of the maps in the KotOR games.

And that map is still off by about 4000 years, which I do believe could be significant.
My apologies, I didn't notice that part of your post.

Anyway, I'm not claiming that the map I posted is 100% correct. However, it gives a very clear idea of how separated the Unknown Regions are from the Old Sith space. The other map from K2 (The one which shows Malachor V) further shows that indeed, Malachor belongs in the UR. To top on to that, we have the NEC (post-K2) which retconned Malachor being not far from Lehon, which is indeed in the UR (per K1 and the other maps).

I guess that leaves us in a plothole, because Kreia's quote doesn't correlate with canon information about Malachor V. If I could play the "typo card", then I'd do it to correct that Kreia's quote. "Inelegant", I know, but some fixing has to be done in some way or another, imo.

Quote:
It says it was cleansed. I have yet to see when this cleansing took place. It could basically be any time between the end of the Great Hyperspace War and, presumably, the Battle of Ruusan, where Ziost was largely forgotten. But that's a pretty long time...
The NEC is quite clear, and mentions that after Empress Teta's victory, the Republic decided not to underestimate the Sith threat, thus, they destroy most life in the planet in fear. I consider it pretty much fact, since I haven't seen a source that contradicts it.

Quote:
Yavin IV is not part of the Sith Empire - that's why Naga Sadow could flee there and hide after the Great Hyperspace War, when he was exiled from the Sith Empire and hunted by the Republic.
Good point, though, Yavin IV is indeed in the Old Sith space, so that's more exploring on the Republic side, and less "unknown" for that part of the galaxy.

Quote:
Because the map I linked to puts Hoth in a different part of the galaxy than the map you linked to, which casts doubt on the accuracy of the maps in the KotOR games or else just on the consistency in the maps made of the Star Wars galaxy in general.
I think it's more of the second, myself. There is indeed quite a lot of controversy among planet locations, hence why an official Atlas is coming next year...I guess that'd put this dispute to an end.

Still, there's no reason to dismiss the more general aspects. While Hoth may indeed be misplaced, the Unknown Regions certainly aren't, which was the basis of my argument.

Quote:
Retconning the entire established origin of the Sith is not much of a problem?
I wouldn't know, but like I said, K2 writers had a K3 storyline in mind which could very well mean that they had a way to wrap things up.

Quote:
Nor did they mention that they would, and the fact your only source is a statement way back from 2005 could be taken to mean that they dropped the idea. Besides, if that was the case, why don't they establish this in the game instead of mentioning the Sith Empire?
Yeah, I could understand them dropping the idea after seeing K3 being held for so long. But as far as I remember, it didn't sound like they were dropping it.

Quote:
This is the true one...I am telling you the truth...Do you believe me?
Hipmonlee is offline   you may: quote & reply,