View Single Post
Old 10-12-2007, 12:13 PM   #34
Pavlos
Scruffy Englishman

Current Game: Viking Warrior Poets
Quote:
Originally Posted by mur'phon
When Black Isle was absorbed, people jumped ship, and we got Mask of the Betrayer.
Wasn't Black Isle always part of Interplay? I thought it was their purpose-built RPG company.

Anyway... let's just hope this is EA getting smart. With luck, BioWare will maintain creative autonomy and we'll just have EA on the back of the box. As I've said before: if the employees they're squeezed by this they're going to jump ship to another company, or maybe even build their own ship. After so many years of wise business decisions (Dungeons and Dragons and Star Wars are profitable licences), I doubt that BioWare would sell its soul to Mephistopheles for twenty four years of service or any other variation on that Faustian theme.

There is likely to be method behind the madness.

Edit: Some answers to questions

Quote:
Greg Zeschuk: Well, to be blunt, I don't really see ourselves as not being independent anymore. We've got a goal of making great BioWare games, and we believe in [EA CEO] John[ Riccitiello]'s vision--we can't overemphasize that. We've worked with John for years, and we're looking forward to keep doing what we're doing and doing it well.

StarWarsKnights.com -- News and features will be returning shortly...

I 'gin to be a-weary of the sun,
And wish the estate o' the world were now undone.
Pavlos is offline   you may: quote & reply,