View Single Post
Old 10-12-2007, 05:10 PM   #175
lukeiamyourdad
Using Teletraan I

LFN Staff Member 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salzella
Two words - In Rainbows. goodness, this album is stunning, and not far behind OK Computer as my favourite album from ze brilliant Radiohead.

Indeed it's a great album. Radiohead is really my favorite band right now. Why? They made the RIAA cry. Give money to Radiohead for In Rainbows, it's really worth it and encourage them to piss on the big record labels.

I also picked up the Bruce Springsteen new album Magic last week. To be honest, I was never a fan of his American folk rock, with the exception of Born in the USA and the theme song "Streets of Philadelphia". Now, I'm a fan. Magic is a very addictive album, from the first song to the last. It's amazing really. In every song, you feel his love for America. Simply amazing.

A few weeks back, I bought the Foo Fighters' newest album, Echoes, Silence, Patience & Grace. Except for "The Pretender", the rest is ok, if only mediocre in general. The Ballad of the Beaconsfield Miners is an instrumental song Dave Grohl recorded for two miners involved in the Beaconsfield mine collapse who had requested an iPod with Foo Fighters songs when waiting for rescue. It's hard to find fault in what is a good gesture but it feels incredibly out of place in the album.Not a bad album, a few good songs, but overall, it's no great.

http://www.marioramos.ca/ -A friend of mine and an aspiring filmmaker.
lukeiamyourdad is offline   you may: quote & reply,