View Single Post
Old 10-12-2007, 07:47 PM   #72
Writer
Not switching to DTV

Current Game: TrackMania Nations
Roleplayer Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
Having the door ripped off its hinges was hardly the most surprising thing Jon Martin had ever seen. Seeing Jennifer Cleo again was significantly more surprising. The gun in his face was no surprise at all.

"I'm Lewis Michaels," he said without blinking. Without so much as the bat of an eye, he slid a business card into her gun hand. "And yes, I do remember you. Look, I'm really sorry about what happened last time. It won't happen again, okey doke? So here's what we'll do."

He pushed her gun down and leaned forward to whisper in her ear. "I don't know who you're working for and I really don't care. I know any bounties on me are only valuable if I'm alive, so we're playing this by my rules. I'm here for one piece of information. You can come with me while I get it... and then, I'll go with you."

"Spend the morning with me, doll," he offered. "I'll show you just how sorry I am for what happened last time we met."

It was all a show to this man. He knew there were cameras in the bathroom (what public place didn't these days?) and he certainly hoped she'd play along with him. If she didn't... well, then he'd have no chance whatsoever of escape. And that would do no good. He really hoped she'd take his offer...

... but then again, when had bounty hunters ever played the games of others? Jon figured she would reject his offer... he just hoped she didn't shoot him in the process...

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Kate Davis didn't even bother putting on the elaborate disguise that she normally used when she appeared to the public as a representative of the Organization. In reality, the 'Maria Carter' identity was her natural appearance. It struck her as somewhat amusing that her false identity was matched with her true physical appearance. But she had worse things to worry about now.

"Excuse me," she said softly to a bank teller on floor one of the large building. "I'm looking for Lewis Michaels... he came here, yes?"

The teller shrugged. "Haven't a clue."

Kate smiled. "Thanks anyhow... would it be alright if I looked around?"

Again, the teller's response was paired with a shrug. "Don't see why not..."

Kate thanked him and moved away...

Mom tells me I need brain food... but if writing ain't that, I don't know what is!

My work in progress:
Hidden Histories: The Galaxy Hacker

Have a read, give a review, yah?
Writer is offline   you may: quote & reply,