View Single Post
Old 10-13-2007, 07:54 PM   #189
Writer
Not switching to DTV

Current Game: TrackMania Nations
Roleplayer Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
Raelyn smirked and shook her head. "Can't waste time... not possible." Without any explanation for her statement, she turned and began leading the way east. As they walked, Raelyn 'listened' for any signs of the Jedi. Meanwhile, Stitch and Colin were wrapped up in some form of medical discussion tied to what had just taken place with Kadis.

"I still don't understand," Stitch finally gave up. Colin shrugged.

"That's why I'm a doctor and you're a medic," he said, not unkindly. "Look, I realize I'm just meant to be a passenger of convenience to you all, but if you're interested, I'm sure there are things I could teach you that would help you do your job better."

Stitch seemed a little defensive. "I do my job just fine. You don't see any of the crew with leftover scars and stuff, do you?"

"A scar is an easy thing to take care of," Colin countered. "What about the injury beneath? How can you know if you've fully healed the damage beneath the scar?"

Stitch fell into an uncomfortable silence and Colin sighed. "Look, I don't mean to make you feel incompetent. I'm sure you're not, but you have areas in which you can use improvement. I can give you some of the additional training you might need."

Stitch shrugged. "I'm not saying no..."

Colin nodded. "That's all I ask."

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"So hunting Jedi, huh?" Raelyn asked Alec as they trudged along. "Not exactly the easiest of bounties to go after. Any particular reason you got for taking on a Jedi?"

It would have seemed like an innocent question... but after Raelyn's flippant introduction of the entire crew and Ellie, it was hard not to read more into her questions than just the face value of the question itself.

Mom tells me I need brain food... but if writing ain't that, I don't know what is!

My work in progress:
Hidden Histories: The Galaxy Hacker

Have a read, give a review, yah?

Last edited by Writer; 10-13-2007 at 08:10 PM.
Writer is offline   you may: quote & reply,