View Single Post
Old 10-22-2007, 11:20 AM   #21
Jae Onasi
Antiquis temporibus, nati tibi similes in rupibus ventosissimis exponebantur ad necem

Current Game: Guild Wars 2, VtMB, TOR
Alderaan News Holopics contributor Helpful! LucasCast staff Veteran Fan Fic Author 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corinthian
I'd have to disagree with that, Jae. Plate armor is fairly heavy, but it's spread out over the entire body. Sixty pounds isn't so bad when you can use almost every muscle in your body to hold it up. Knights were more than capable of hoisting themselves into the saddle and even being fairly quick and even graceful in combat.
Oh, I didn't say you _can't_ jump, just that people in armor _don't_ jump. Sixty pounds extra on a body weighs you down, and while you can jump, it's wasted effort unless you're doing it for a very specific reason. Not to mention that when you jump. some of the pieces can slip down in spots and pinch skin, and I've treated plenty of 'armor bites'.

I have some starter goodies for you, stoffe, when you go online, depending on what class you pick out, and I'll run around with you if you need help on quests. I'm not at level 20 yet (got to 18) but if you need a fire elementalist let me know.

Bob's got the game, now, too.

From MST3K's spoof of "Hercules Unchained"--heard as Roman medic soldiers carry off an unconscious Greek Hercules on a 1950's Army green canvas stretcher: "Hi, we're IX-I-I. Did somebody dial IX-I-I?"

Read The Adventures of Jolee Bindo and see the amazing Peep Surgery
Story WIP: The Dragonfighters
My blog: Confessions of a Geeky Mom--Latest post: Security Alerts!
Love Star Trek AND gaming? Check out Lotus Fleet.

Jae Onasi is offline   you may: quote & reply,