View Single Post
Old 10-22-2007, 01:09 PM   #68
Sabretooth
鬼龍院皐月

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corinthian
The Bible doesn't deal with hypothetical situations like "What if Jesus was black?" or "Could God have his cake AND eat it too?" Which is basically the gist of what you're asking because the Bible has a point.

You cannot definitively say that the Bible is metaphoric. You were not present when it was written. Now, you can say you THINK it is metaphorical, but as you're trying to disprove, the burden of proof lies with you.
But you stated before that the Bible is a book sent by God for the humans to understand and follow laws, which makes it a pseudo-constitution. And books that lay down the law should be completely based on hypothetical situations, and not read out like a storybook compilation.

Quote:
Sin is what displeases God. That's pretty much the heart of it. That was my point. If God removed Sin from existence, we would have no choice but to do as God wanted, as there would be no alternative.
And isn't that what we should be doing? Are you suggesting that sin is a viable alternative to following God?

Quote:
AGAIN: Without sin, we are forced to obey God, as disobeying God is sinful. Do you get it? Geez, maybe if I converted this to Binary or something?
You're not making any sense here, mate. We won't be "forced" to obey God if we don't sin. Also, if not sinning is being forced to obey God, then we are as it is being forced to obey God by being threatened of sin, damnation, hell and Satan.

Quote:
Satan and Sin are not linked together that closely. Satan is the first sinner, but if he ceased to be, sin would still exist.
But Satan propagates sin. We would considerably debilitate sin if we take Satan out of the picture.

Quote:
Hurray!

See how annoying it is when I deliberately reinterpret what you try to say?
No, that is being an 11 year old *******.

Quote:
We have pain because God created it. Correct. You see, pain is a very important part of the human mind. It shows us that such a thing is dangerous. It's why we don't jam our hands into fires, electrical sockets, glass shards, knives, and potent acids. Welcome to elementary biology.
Hi, ever heard of emotional pain, trauma, that of sort of thing? Psychology, perhaps? Go try that dictionary of yours.

Quote:
God gave our forebears that option. Now, I guess I'll take care of your point that you should get away with your sin because Adam did it first. I like to think of that as the "Toddler Defense." AKA "He did it first" defense. Johnny Cochran would have loved it. God is merciful and just, but he is also, for lack of a better world, angry and vengeful. If we ask for his forgiveness, he will forgive our sins and cleanse our souls, but for each of us that sins, that stain remains until we ask forgiveness for it. But if we don't ask for it, if we don't WANT his forgiveness, God will understand that we have no desire for him and cast us into the outer darkness, where we can be with the one we love the most for eternity. Ourselves.
The point is, why should we be punished for what Adam and Eve did? My soul, my will did not choose to be Adam's descendant. I was forced into this world. Why should I be forced to be born a sinner?

Quote:
Casting down our sin
But we are sinners to begin with! Imagine this scenario: A baby is killed five days after he is born. He is a sinner, according to the Adam/Eve theory and he wasn't intelligent enough to seek repentance. That would mean the baby goes to hell for no particular reason.

Quote:
Think about that. All he asks us to do is let go of our burden and we'll be saved by him. He's not asking us to give up something that should be near and dear to us. He doesn't ask you to sacrifice your firstborn child or make some other great sacrifice, he asks you to give up something that brings nothing but bad. Consider that.
And if a person doesn't consider his sin a burden? We're talking about mass murderers, terrorists, psychopaths here, especially the last. He loves killing and doesn't consider it a burden, and hence doesn't bother asking for forgiveness, still he would go to hell. In his eyes, he did nothing wrong, he is completely innocent and his brain is damaged, hence he cannot comprehend morality. What would God's anti-sin SS do now?

Sabretooth is offline   you may: