View Single Post
Old 10-22-2007, 04:28 PM   #74
Ray Jones
[armleglegarmhead]

10 year veteran! LF Jester Helpful! Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corinthian
You obviously didn't read the post before last. Apparently. Since you ignored a significant chunk of it as 'preachery.'.
I didn't ignore it. I usually do not ignore people when they talk to me. Especially if I talk to them too. However, I chose my rather short answer regarding that topic.

Quote:
You can't get to Heaven by doing good. It has nothing to do with your own goodness. Trying to find Heaven by doing good on your own is pointless and futile, because God's standard is perfection, which a human can and will never achieve under his own power. But with Jesus, we can instantly be purged of all sin, thus qualifying us for entry into heaven because we turned our sin over to Jesus, who has already paid the penalty so that we would not have to.
What you might overlook here is, I don't want to go to heaven. I don't care about that kind of stuff. Here and now, and tomorrow is what I care about.

Quote:
God doesn't just remove Sin because we chose sin a long time ago, and taking it away from us would be taking away something the majority of humanity is pleased to have.
Okay so we're now wanting sin? That makes even less sense.

Quote:
To purge Sin from the world, he'd also have to remove many of the Freedoms we all cherish so much. Freedom of Speech? Gone. It's sinful to say some things, like taking God's name in vain.
But we're still free to say "hey nice hat", "yeah baby lets do it that way", "oh ray", "ooooooh raaaaayyy" and "oooooooooooooooooooooooooohhh rrrraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyy yyyyyyyy", right? That's enough I guess, who cares if I can take god's name in vain?

Quote:
Freedom of Religion? Gone. It's sinful to worship other Gods.
XDDD lol, I don't even wanna guess how many religions make that statement..

Quote:
Freedom of the Press? Same as Freedom of Speech.
So it's sin to write about news of the day? Or funny things? New discoveries?

Quote:
Basically, you want to have your cake and eat it too. You want to have the knowledge of the Apple of the Tree, but you don't want to have the penalty that came with it. It doesn't work that way.
Who says it doesn't work that way? Penalty for gaining knowledge? Knowledge and wisdom is something really desirable, and I'd accept no god who'd punish anyone for seeking for it.

Quote:
Again, it would be violating our freedom to take sin away from us against our will.
It is not against my will to take away sin. Is it against your will?

Quote:
But if we give our sin over to Jesus, he can pay for it, and he already has paid the penalty.
Gee, why would I pass my responsibility for what I have done to someone else, even more to the son of god? I am responsible for what I have done, no one can take that from me!

Ray Jones is offline   you may: