View Single Post
Old 10-24-2007, 01:20 PM   #34
stoffe
Mostly dormant

Helpful! 10 year veteran! Notable contributor 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue Nine
They do charge a lot more for fashion than utility in GW, sadly. The standard max level armor costs one platinum (1000 gold) a piece, so essentially, that's really all you need to help you advance in the game. Some people (like me) however, are very picky about how their characters look, so they spring for the more expensive 'elite' armor.
Is there any way to in-game preview how a piece of clothing looks before you buy it, or do I have to look that up in the Wiki to avoid buying blindly?

Quote:
Some people (like me) however, are very picky about how their characters look, so they spring for the more expensive 'elite' armor.
Me too, I tend to mod most games I play to make the protagonist look like I want. No chance for that in an online game though, so I guess I'll have to endure the grayness until I get more cash and better attire. If you color clothing/armor once, can you apply another color after that if you change your mind and want it to look differently later?

Quote:
There is no functional difference between the (usually) 15k elite and the 1k standard armor; they're purely aesthetic.
So, works mostly like in the real world then, extravagant expensive clothing as a way of showing off wealth.

Quote:
Here's an example of elite armor:
Screenshot
This is my monk in Elite Kurzick Armor.
Looks nice. I just have the first upgrade to the standard attire you start with so far. But there doesn't seem to be any Elite version of that, judging by the wiki:

By the way, is the Energy Storage skill the only way to get more Energy points? If so, do the other caster classes have something similar? I noticed the Energy pool didn't increase in size when leveling up...

mt
stoffe is offline   you may: quote & reply,