View Single Post
Old 10-24-2007, 01:40 PM   #35
Rogue Nine
*static*

Current Game: Bravely Default
10 year veteran! Forum Veteran LF Jester 
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoffe
Is there any way to in-game preview how a piece of clothing looks before you buy it, or do I have to look that up in the Wiki to avoid buying blindly?
No, sadly there is no in-game way of previewing armor before you buy it, so you need to look it up on the wiki. It has fully body shots of most of the armor sets as well as back and partial shots, so it works fairly well.

Quote:
Me too, I tend to mod most games I play to make the protagonist look like I want. No chance for that in an online game though, so I guess I'll have to endure the grayness until I get more cash and better attire. If you color clothing/armor once, can you apply another color after that if you change your mind and want it to look differently later?
Yes, you can! And thankfully, you can preview the effects of the dye before you actually dye the armor. You can also combine different colors to come up with different hues and whatnot.

Quote:
So, works mostly like in the real world then, extravagant expensive clothing as a way of showing off wealth.
Personally, I could care less about showing off to other people. For me, it's all about looking good. If I'm going to be staring at an avatar for many hours at a time, it better well damn look good to me.

Quote:
Looks nice. I just have the first upgrade to the standard attire you start with so far. But there doesn't seem to be any Elite version of that, judging by the wiki:
Screenshot
Thanks! And yeah, Istani armor doesn't have an elite counterpart. Sunspear armor does, however. I have it on my elementalist character and I would show it to you if I wasn't posting from work. :S

Quote:
By the way, is the Energy Storage skill the only way to get more Energy points? If so, do the other caster classes have something similar? I noticed the Energy pool didn't increase in size when leveling up...
Energy Storage is the Elementalist class Primary Attribute, meaning only Elementalists have access to it. As you level up, make sure you distrubute your attribute points accordingly (K key). The more points you have in Energy Storage, the bigger your energy pool will be. Most elementalists put a ton into Energy storage and a ton into whatever element they specialize in (predominantly fire, with a fair few earth eles).

have a suggestion for the lf poll? pm me
Rogue Nine is offline   you may: quote & reply,