View Single Post
Old 10-26-2007, 11:02 AM   #139
tk102
Well past expiration date

Current Game: Dragon Age: Origins
Forum Veteran Helpful! Notable contributor 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corinthian
How would having a personality limit God?
He is limited by choosing one personality over another instead of embodying all personalities at once or none (which is the same thing to me).
Quote:
Hypothetically? Yes, I suppose God could, at the cost of our free will regarding Sin.
Only insofar that sin becomes a figment of our imaginations and not God's. We would only lose the ability to truly sin against God, though we might believe that we are.
Quote:
But God would not. As he is omniscient and aware of all time, if he were going to do that, he'd have done it already.
Yes I suppose stubborn God is quite set in his God personality. Oh well if God is going to gnash his teeth at sin, I guess there's no changing him. Poor God. I wonder if he ever wishes that he was beyond such cares. But I guess he's heavily invested in the whole sin thing, what with sending Jesus to die and all. Imagine how pissed Jesus would be if he found out he died for nothing. You're right, there's no way the Christian God would do that.
Quote:
Furthermore, I don't think that Humanity is going to be the last thing God creates, and I doubt we were the first.
We agree. I wonder if God sent Messiahs to sinful aliens...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Jones
How I cannot see this.
Answered above.
Quote:
Hm. But god doesn't interface with us? Also, maybe this 'personality' is something humans project onto god, so they have something to grasp about god.
Interface with us? No. Partake in us as we partake in him, yes. I haven't see avatars of God or been spoken to by God. I am sure humans anthropomorphize God to try to understand him.
Quote:
Oh, that is simple. If god is alone, she has no personality, if god has other god beings with her, she has personality.
You are thinking either-or, but what I am saying is both-and. The transcendent can be both one and many at the same time.

Last edited by tk102; 10-26-2007 at 11:13 AM.
tk102 is offline   you may: