View Single Post
Old 10-26-2007, 11:38 AM   #173
JasraLantill
No One Liners

Current Game: SWOTR
The Walking Carpets Guild Member Alderaan News Holopics contributor LFN Staff Member Roleplayer 
Kimber watched the mechanic as he headed for the lines of dazed people--slowly at first but then faster and faster until he was running at break neck speed. She frowned, then turned to Lane. "Was it something I said?" She quickly dismissed her confusion with a shake of her head. "Nevermind. Let's just go organise getting our fuel." Looking over her shoulder at Lane, she asked, "Are you coming?"

Seemingly without any difficulty, she started to head away from the lines of people and in the direction that the woman they had met earlier had said that the fuel depot was located. It wasn't that she didn't feel attracted to join any of the lines, (after all she was slightly curious about why the people were queuing in them,) but she just didn't feel compelled to join any of them. Greed? This wasn't the first job Kimber had taken for next to no money, so she certainly wasn't the least bit greedy. Gluttony? Her mother had taught her to take everything in moderation, and that's always what she did. Lust? She liked to explore, true, but wanderlust was more like extreme curiosity driven by boredom in her mind. Laziness? Please. Nothing ever got accomplished by sitting on one's backside. There was always something to do and one of her top-rated personal 'rules' was 'always finish the job.' And betrayal? She was a Corellian. Bravery and honour was paramount to her, as was indicated by the bloodstripe running down the length of each leg of her trousers. To betray one's comrades, co-workers, friends, or family was... well, it was the very worst thing a Corellian could do!

No, there was nothing that she had done in her life that she felt guilty about, or obsessed about, or really even had regrets about. Her main focus was her job. And just as it had somehow fallen to the mechanic to go and look for Tysy, it had fallen to her to find the fuel that they'd need to continue their journey.

So, as the mechanic had headed for the lines of people, she had headed for the fuel depot.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro. (I came, I saw, I stuck around)