View Single Post
Old 10-29-2007, 11:41 PM   #31
Darth Groovy
The Dapper Zabrak

Current Game: Awaiting Greatness from PS4!
10 year veteran! Hot Topic Starter LFN Staff Member LucasCast staff 
Quote:
Originally Posted by acdcfanbill
anyone who spends $3000 on a PC is either rich or a fool. You can build a great gaming rig for under $1K. Most prebuilt computers are going to screw gamers in two areas, parts, or price. Groovy got screwed on parts, while the 6150 cards are from 2005, the GeForce 6000 series was introduced in 2004. Essentially, you got a cheap integrated version of 3 year old tech with your computer.
I really should have ran it by you before I bought it. You and I have been talking shop about computers for years. Then I got sucked into consoles and forgot about PC Gaming until Crysis came along. I have had my eye on that game for quite some time. I agree with Billeh, I should have built it myself. These days I just don't have the time to do it. I am NOT going to say I don't have the money or the resources, just over all lack of free time.

My last compy was bought in 2002, or 2003. It ran it's life, and had at least 2 or 3 upgrades. I weighed in the price of future upgrades vs, another prebuilt pc, and I could not pass up the sale they had that week. I guess you get what you pay for.

I also agree that PC game developers should stop trying to out do each other and take a step outside of the box for a minute. If all these parts were more affordable to the general public, then PC games would be more popular. Games like Crysis appear to be developed for hard core pc gamers that have no problem what so ever at spending a week's pay check on a top of the line gaming rig. I am sick to death of the guess work. PC games have faulty misleading info on the boxes they are packaged in. They advertise what you need to run it. Sure it will run at minimum specs, but will run as a slide show. Rarely do you get "recommended" specs from any other source, other than forums, or websites. These companies want to sell the games, but they don't give a damn if the customers are satisfied with the end result. I am pretty honest with my customers, and I am also sympathetic to customers who bring back games that don't run. I loose money on those returns, but at the same time, I warn them before they buy it. Usually they exchange for an older game that is not so demanding of a system. Don't even get me started on Bioshock for the PC...
Darth Groovy is offline   you may: