View Single Post
Old 11-01-2007, 09:31 PM   #89
SilentScope001
May The Force Serve You.

Quote:
We also don't live in 1980 anymore...Interactive doesn't have the same impacts as it used to, whereas it used to be a novelty merely to interact with a computer, now that computer has become such a part of society that the interaction is done via computer, with another person...
Thing is, I've seen games where you interact with the enviroment, even today. There was that "Red Faction" game where you can interact with the enviroment by blowing stuff up and then going through those hazards. They even use the exact same buzzword of "interactivty" in its ad campagin, and I think it was around 2000 when that game was released. Maybe, by interactivty, it means that whatever you do in the game world could end up affecting the future of the game world, leading to different endings, so you are interacting with the game.

Interactive is just too broad for me to just pigeon-hole it in just one method.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Onion
"The Cambodian government has established many exciting-sounding 're-education camps' where both intellectuals and everyday citizens can be sent at any time," Day said. Well, we at Barnes & Noble have always supported re-education in America, and we intend to extend this policy to our new customers." For every hardcover book sold, Barnes & Noble will donate a dollar to the Cambodian government to help re-educate local children.
Full Article Here
SilentScope001 is offline   you may: quote & reply,