View Single Post
Old 11-02-2007, 03:16 AM   #96
Char Ell
Force Enlightened

Current Game: The Old Republic
LFN Staff Member Folder extraordinaire Forum Veteran 
First, I want to state for the record that I'm not saying I know exactly what the BioWare/LucasArts project will be. I am stating my opinions on what I think it will be based off what I've read and researched on BioWare and LucasArts over the past year or so.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lukeiamyourdad
- That is only assuming their MMO is indeed a Star Wars game and that this partnership is exactly about that. It would be kind of weird to try to spearhead the market with two different MMOs. I get the feeling however that this partnership is something relatively new. I could certainly be wrong though.
Well, the lucasartsbioware.com domain was registered on Oct. 11, the same day that EA announced they were purchasing BioWare and Pandemic Studios. That says to me that the details of how the joint BioWare/LucasArts project would be handled had been worked out during the acquisition process. I think it's likely this deal between LA and BioWare was reached some time ago and there was a lot of behind-the-scenes activity to work out how the joint BioWare/LA project was going to be handled with EA entering the picture.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvstice
As to the joint domain, why couldn't it be possible that they are setting up a foundation to build on if their partnership with a Kotor 3 project goes well. Then they would already have in place the infrastructure to market other Pre - Darth Bane rpg's either from the KOTOR time frame or not.
I try never to say never but the only reason I see for such a partnership to exist is if the game is an MMORPG. BioWare knows it will have EA as its publisher going forward. BioWare didn't need LucasArts. The only reason for BioWare and LucasArts to partner up is to work on a LucasArts-owned IP and it doesn't make sense to me for this joint partnership to exist for a SPRPG. BioWare has been there, done that, and moved on in the SPRPG world. I see no compelling reason for them to go back to licensed IP's in that genre.

Want to battle against cancer and other chronic diseases? Join Team LFN!

Char Ell is offline   you may: quote & reply,