View Single Post
Old 11-02-2007, 08:36 PM   #10
Ferc Kast
Modder

Current Game: SWTOR
Helpful! Forum Veteran Contest winner - Fan Fiction Veteran Modder 
Chapter 9: A Day Long Remembered

[CORUSCANT, MORNING]
Bastila and Revan walked through the hospital doors. Revan wore a civilian's outfit so as to avoid attention, while Bastila wore a black robe with her hood up to cover her outfit. They walked to the front desk.

"Yes? Can I help you?" the receptionist asked.
"We're looking for Helena Shan." Bastila said.
"One moment: let me look through our record...Here it is. Room 1138." the receptionist replied, half-willingly.

As they went to find room 1138, Revan saw on the computer screen in front of the receptionist: 'Helena Shan...on Death Bed' Oh, no. Revan thought. They found the room a few minutes later, then opened the door. They entered her room.

"Mother?" Bastila said, running to Helena's bed.
"Bastila. I knew you would come. Now, my life is complete." Helena said, weakly.
"What're you talki-" Bastila started.
"My daughter. My grown-up daughter. You look so beautiful. I love y-y-you." Helena interupted.

Helena's eyes closed for the last time. Her hand fell back and went limp. Helena had died.

"Mother?" she asked, as she spread her arms over Helena's body.
"Bastila, I'm so sorry. If I hadn't delayed my return.." Revan said, mournfully.
"Hold me." Bastila said, through her new misery.

Revan did as he was told. He embraced her. He even carried her to the Ebon Hawk, where he punched in the coordinates for the...
[JEDI ACADEMY]
Everyone was busy rebuilding the Jedi Academy or training the Force-Sensitives. Revan & Bastila walked out of the Ebon Hawk.

"Statement: It is a pleasure to see you again, master." HK-47 said. "Query: What is wrong with the meatbag mistress, master?"
"HK, just leave her alone for now. She's experiencing grief right now." Revan threatened.
"Query: For what purpose, master?" HK persisted.
"Her mother died." Revan said. "But, don't communicate with her about it."
"Statement: I shall fulfill the requests given to this HK unit." HK-47 responded.
Days later...
[EBON HAWK]
"You'll be fine." Handmaiden said to Bastila. "I'm sure your parents would be proud of you."
"I guess you're right." Bastila agreed.
"I have a surprise waiting for us at the wedding." Revan said.

Bastila sensed the truth of his words, but she couldn't even use the Force to find out what the surprise was.

"Ferc, I need you to give this to the band for me before the first song for Bastila and I to dance to." Revan said, handing a holocron to Ferc Kast.
"It better not be a corny song." Ferc Kast replied.
No, that'd be the last song that will be a bit corny. And, I chose it because of what is to come." Revan said.
The day of the wedding...
[DERALIA, HIGH NOON]
The band started to play the wedding march. Carth walked up with Bastila to hand her off to Revan. Padmé Starkiller, accompanied by Ferc Kast, and the Handmaiden, accompanied by Mical, followed Bastila. The best men (Mical and Ferc) split off to Bastila & Revan's right, while the bride's maids(Handmaiden and Padmé) split off to Bastila & Revan's left. The band stopped playing.

"Statement: Dearly beloved meatbags, we have gathered here together to witness the joining of Revan and Bastila. We are here to celebrate their 'love'. This love is unlike any that I have ever heard of...[minutes later]...Query: Do you, Revan Starkiller, take Bastila Shan to your lawfully wedded wife?" HK said.
"I do." Revan replied, looking into Bastila's eyes.
"Query: And do you, Bastila Shan, take Revan Starkiller to be your lawfully wedded husband?"
"I do." Bastila responded, staring back into Revan's eyes.
"Unnecessary Suggestion: If there is anyone who sees any reason that these two meatbags should not be married, speak now or forever hold your peace." HK said, wearily.

Ferc Kast sneaked over to the band, handing them the holocron containing music.

"Statement: Then, by the power, granted unto me by the leader of this planet, I now pronounce you man and wife. Suggestion: You may now kiss the bride." HK concluded.

Revan lifted the veil o'er Bastila's face and they kissed each other. The reception began right then.

"Will the newly-wed couple please get on the dance floor? We are about to start the first dance song." The band director announced.

They got on the dance floor.

"What was the surprise?" Bastila asked.
"You'll see. Or rather, you'll hear." Revan said.

On that note, the band started to play and the vocalists started to sing:
"There's a song that's inside of my soul; it's the one that I've tried to write over and over again. I'm awake in the infinite cold; but you sing to me over and over and over again. So I lay my head back down, and I lift my hands and pray to be only yours, I pray to be only yours; I know now you're my only hope. Sing to me the song of the stars, of your galaxy dancing and laughing and laughing again. When it feels like my dreams are so far, sing to me of the plans that you have for me over again. So I lay my head back down, and I lift my hands and pray to be only yours, I pray to be only yours; I know now you're my only hope. I give you my destiny. I'm giving You all of me. I want your symphony singing in all that I am. At the top of my lungs, I'm giving it back. So I lay my head back down, and I lift my hands and pray to be only yours, I pray to be only yours; I know now you're my only hope."

During the song:
"Revan, you didn't. You knew that's my favorite song." Bastila said.
"And now, it's our song.
"Everyone may now join them on the dance floor." the band director announced.

Everyone danced to 2 other songs: Earth Angel, Music of the Night. Soon thereafter, the final song, Good Riddance, was ending:
"It's something unpredictable; But, in the end it's right. I hope you have the time of your life."

Last edited by Darth Balatro; 01-03-2008 at 08:00 PM.
Ferc Kast is offline   you may: