View Single Post
Old 11-03-2007, 10:30 AM   #110
Char Ell
Force Enlightened

Current Game: The Old Republic
LFN Staff Member Folder extraordinaire Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Moeller
Plus, who knows, maybe that primotech article wasn't just a rumor?
It does make one wonder, doesn't it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by lukeiamyourdad
I guess my gun ran out of ammo. Although the doubt in my mind probably stems from my wishes of a KotOR 3 SPRPG being made... the evidence seems mostly against it.
Well, I'm not real confident it's a KotOR MMORPG and I too would prefer a KotOR 3 SPRPG. It does appear that a KotOR MMORPG is the strongest possibility but of course that is far from certain. At this point I feel strongly that BioWare's MMORPG will be based in the SW universe.

One thought that keeps nagging at me though is the two SW TV series that are in the works. I consider it a given that LucasArts will come out with games in support of these TV shows. What if this "ground-breaking interactive entertainment product" turns out to be an MMORPG that ties into one of the TV shows somehow? That seems quite ground-breaking to me. IMO the 3D animated one would work best since it's set during the Clone Wars time period and last I heard GL wants to launch that series next fall. In-game events could be set up around events that occur in the TV show but in a MMORPG environment it would be more interactive, like there is a battle on some planet in the TV show and the MMORPG has quests that tie into that and your character would be involved in the same battle being depicted on the TV show but have a parallel storyline. Crazy enough idea, eh? But the possibility that this joint BioWare-LucasArts project could have something to do with one of the TV shows is one that I can't logically eliminate so it's still out there for me.

1UP has posted an article titled The Evidence for BioWare's Star Wars MMO.

One interesting thing I just learned was that Microsoft had offered to buy BioWare at some point prior to March of this year. I totally missed that interesting tidbit of info. If I would have known that then I wouldn't have been so surprised by the deal with EA.
Quote:
That said, Kim admitted that Microsoft tried to buy the studio: "Well, I tried, but& not everybody wants to be bought, Elevation owns BioWare," Kim said.
Source: 1UP.com

Want to battle against cancer and other chronic diseases? Join Team LFN!

Char Ell is offline   you may: quote & reply,