View Single Post
Old 11-05-2007, 04:46 PM   #176
Jediphile
Persona non grata

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Moeller
Jediphile you need to get over this whole alienating thing.
Why? If this is how I see the situation, then why can't I say so? I'm not disrespecting anyone's position, I'm simply stating mine. Why must I stop doing that?

Quote:
You make it sound like LucasArts would be punishing fans by making an MMO. When a company makes a game they don't do it to alienate one fanbase, they do it to attract a fanbase. If you don't like the game or the type of game then just don't play it.
Nor will I, but you'll forgive me I don't feel like just sitting quietly and watch another franchise do what Trek did by doing what I consider a dubious strategic move that will axe the fanbase. That's what I'm seeing, so that's what I'm saying.

Quote:
Same with your Star Trek example. If you don't like it then just don't watch it, don't act like they're forcing it upon you.
Nor is anyone forcing you read my posts. If you don't like them...

Quote:
And stop directing questions back at us like this. Avery never implied that she thought her opinion influenced what kind of game LucasArts will make, but this is the message you have been implying.
Oh please. My position is constantly questioned, so I argue in favor of it, yet when I do that and ask others to do the same that they do to me, then that's suddenly wrong? I don't understand why I constantly need to justify my position for it to remain relevant, while I cannot do the same in return. This is a forum for discussion. That's what we're doing.

It sounds more to me like you want me to shut up and stop posting because you don't like what I'm posting... But I do apologize if my arguments are making people see some perspectives they would rather not. I'm not going to stop, though.

"It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built" - Kreia

Visit my KotOR blog at Deadly Forums.
Jediphile is offline   you may: quote & reply,