View Single Post
Old 11-05-2007, 10:17 PM   #186
lukeiamyourdad
Using Teletraan I

LFN Staff Member 
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentScope001
Listen, the best reason I can come up with against a KOTOR MMO is the fact that once it comes out, it won't really meet everyone's expectations.
What's your point? You're basically saying that the franchise should stop here because no matter what happens people will be disappointed? How is that specific to an MMO? People might hate K3 SPRPG for various reasons too. Whatever happens, you're going to piss off someone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Architect
Okay sure, we don't represent the majority, but you can't help but think given the overwhelming favouritism of a SPRPG K3 over a MMORPG K3 on the Internet, it suggests that it wouldn't be so different off-Internet wise.
Except that the internet is hardly representative of the majority. Remember, casual gamers are much more numerous then hardcore gamers. I know that 1.3 million copies of K1 was sold for the XBox, can you honestly say that 1.3 million person went on the internet to post about one of their games? Absolutely not.

Unfortunately, we, hardcore gamers, are not representative of rest of the world.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Architect
You have to remember that pleasing as many customers as possible is the most important thing in business.

Keywords: as possible.

I'll leave it at that.

Don't get me wrong though, I believe that doing both is financially viable and would prefer it if it was that way and on this we fully agree.

I think there is a market for both. Segments of those markets overlap, but I think the people who would play the MMO would also play the SP game.
Hey, at this point, they might indeed be thinking ahead. First let the MMO come out, let it garner some success and then decide to conclude the Revan trilogy. If the MMO is about the Mandalorian wars, people who did not play the original SPRPGs might decide to do so just to know what happens next. Then, conclude with K3 at a later date. Of course, this is just speculation on my part.

http://www.marioramos.ca/ -A friend of mine and an aspiring filmmaker.
lukeiamyourdad is offline   you may: quote & reply,