View Single Post
Old 11-05-2007, 11:23 PM   #187
Tommycat
>^..^<

Current Game: Real Life 1.0(BETA)
Forum Veteran 
Those of you claiming that KotOR 3 will be a cash cow versus the MMO, please keep in mind that SWG makes more money than KotOR I and II. AND it continues to do so 4 years later. It still made more money when the subs were down to their lowest point, simply because you pay on a monthly basis. Personally I hate the monthly fees as well, but you cannot deny that it makes them money on a steady basis.

Talking about Enterprise as an example of turning your back on the fans is a poor example. A better one would be Metallica. I used to be a Metallica fan, and I cannot stand how they dumped their original fan base. Financially though, I have to admit that it made them MORE fans and cash than they had before. They had made a wise decision to cut loose the ones who made them big, and in the end it made a huge profit over the relatively lackluster sales they had before. Metallica concerts sold out every show they played. CD sales exploded. Merch flew off the shelves. Original fans of them whine and cry about how Metallica "Sold out" but in a business sense, selling out is a good thing. Metallica will never get another dime from me. But they make it up with the thousands they get from their new fans.
Tommycat is offline   you may: quote & reply,