View Single Post
Old 11-09-2007, 10:16 PM   #22
TK-8252
Get Cloned.

About the phony soldiers thing. I found it very telling when the caller said something to the effect of "if you ask a real soldier, they are proud to serve," implying that, again, you're not a real soldier if you don't back the war.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rccar328
The president of the United States engages in sexual acts (multiple times) with a White House intern in the oval office while conducting official business
But what if it was Hillary he was having sex with (*shudder to think*), not an intern? Would this be an issue at all? Oh noes, sex in the Oval Office!

It's not a crime to cheat on your wife, so why was this investigated at all? Sounds like a witchhunt. It is, though, a crime to solicit sex in a public bathroom, such as what Republican Representative Larry Craig did.

Quote:
(which he then lied about under oath)
Again, it shouldn't have been investigated at all.

Quote:
If he'd been a Republican, the libs would've run him out of Washington on a rail (whether he'd lied about it or not).
And they should, because a Republican cheating on his wife is utter hypocrisy. The problem with Republicans is their holier-than-thou attitute when it comes to things such as sex. Republicans need to practice what they preach. You don't hear Dems going out talking about "family values" and all that bull. That's why it's not such a big deal when a Dem has a sex scandal. They don't claim to be more moral than everyone else, because they know that they aren't, and don't pretend to be, like the Republicans do.

Quote:
He should've been thrown out of office for disgracing the office of the presidency...and that's without even including the fact that he perjured himself.
So Bush hasn't disgraced the office?? Have you seen his latest approval rating? Pretty disgraceful to me. If we threw out government officials for disgracing their office, we probably wouldn't have 2/3 of our government. I say that'd be a good thing though.

Quote:
When the Dems won control of Congress last year, they made all sorts of promises about how they'd change things, but the truth is that they've done very little in the way of legislation to advance their agenda...and they've been so intent on pursuing meaningless investigations into the Bush administration in an attempt to keep them tied up that they aren't even taking care of the basic business of Congress.
I agree with you completely on this. I say that if they're going to have their investigations, at least make them worthwhile. Like, actually force people to testify under oath and such.

Quote:
Impeaching President Clinton wasn't radical, because what Clinton did was a disgrace and an embarrassment to America...
George W. Bush is a disgrace and an embarassment to America.

Quote:
He deserved to be impeached, because when the President is engaging in sex acts with a subordinate while on the job, it's not a "private matter" anymore.
But the President is on the job all day long. He's expected to be on call 24/7 if something big goes down. When is he supposed to have sex? Can he just not have any sex for the entire four years? And what's this about it being with a "subordinate?" Being a White House intern doesn't make you a sex slave for the President or something. She could have said no if she wanted to.
TK-8252 is offline   you may: quote & reply,